[Suggestion] Wardenclyffe Module

• This idea isn't listed on the compendium and contains a more refined approach from MY original posts. I accidently copy/pasted my own post a few days ago from the archive not knowing it was moved there from a mod.

[Wardenclyffe Module]

Inspiration for idea <-- click here!

Clyffe Receivers tuned to a numerical frequency accept power from a Wardenclyffe Module. The Wardenclyffe Module is powered only by the entire side of an MFS Unit and consumes required + 6.7% + .050 x block distance to broadcast the signal. A maximum of (1+ upgrade) Receivers can be attached maxed at 3. Distance is negotiable for SMP efficiency.

- Wardenclyffe Module -

1) Outputs 512 EU
    2) Uses entire output of MFS Unit
    3) Broadcasts power to a manually set frequency at required + 6.7% + .050 x number of blocks
    4) 1 Clyffe Receiver can connect (upgradable to 3)
    5) Distance negotiable for SMP
    6) Expensive

edit:

7) Powers on Luminators that are tuned to the same frequency.

- Clyffe Receivers -

1) Inputs 512 EU / Outputs 512 EU
    2) Tunable to a numerical frequency
    3) Can connect to transformers
    4) Must match the Wardenclyffe Module Frequency to get power
    5) Using improper voltage has a familiar consequence
    6) Dim light indicating if it is getting power or not

- Clyffe Boosters -

1) Extends units able to connect to Wardenclyffe module by 5
    2) Expensive

Visually: (powering a lava pump from ground level)

- = cobblestone
    {^} = Wardenclyffe Module
    [o] = MSFU
    O = Clyffe receiver
    {M} = mv transformer
    {L} = lv transformer
    {P} = pump
    ~ = Lava

--- [o]{^} ---
    ---------------
    --O{M}{L}{P}
    ------------~~~

This is an open idea and I would love to hear thoughts on this, if there is something wrong with the post that I can alter let me know. I'm trying to help, thank you.

• ah yes, good ol' Tesla and his testa coils
    I imagine it'll use the tesla coil in the recipe?

I support this :Industrial Diamond:

though sadly, Albaka has said multiple times that he will not do wireless EU

• I could support this easily, but like Al has said, he won't do wireless EU. The only way that this COULD come to fruition is if someone took it upon themselves to create an addon with this mechanic (which I wouldn't be against in the slightest (I'm well aware of the Wireless EU addon by pwnedgod))

I could imagine this using a tesla coil, a freq transmitter, and maybe... something else for the wardenclyffe module. Not sure about the reciever though. I can imagine iridium being used though.

• I could support this easily, but like Al has said, he won't do wireless EU. The only way that this COULD come to fruition is if someone took it upon themselves to create an addon with this mechanic (which I wouldn't be against in the slightest (I'm well aware of the Wireless EU addon by pwnedgod))

I could imagine this using a tesla coil, a freq transmitter, and maybe... something else for the wardenclyffe module. Not sure about the reciever though. I can imagine iridium being used though.

Would be really wireless redstone like if it was existent that's for sure lol, yea iridium would be a good idea because it isn't used for anything machine related yet