[Addon 1.115]Transformers BETA-1 v2.0 - Convert IC2 & BC3 energy back & forth!

• Well, changing that setup may be hard...
    I can suggest you to use PowerCrystals Powerconverters mod so you can convert your Steam directly into EU (or any other mod energy you want) instead of using that big "engine" .

If i wanted his power converter mod I would use it. but I use this one.
    I don't want to have to get one more mod for one block when this one has one that works. My forge mod list is already up to 61! and I'll be adding at least one more when I update to 1.5
    I did figure out how I can mod my setup without having to move the engines...just means 3 converters per setup...oh well

• Mod in version BETA1-2.0 spamming admin console witch this:

[Info] Injecting 128
    [Info] Injecting 64
    [Info] Injecting 128
    [Info] Injecting 128

Any help stop this spam?

• Mod in version BETA1-2.0 spamming admin console witch this:

[Info] Injecting 128
    [Info] Injecting 64
    [Info] Injecting 128
    [Info] Injecting 128

Any help stop this spam?

Woops forgot some debug code. My bad :\. Update coming within 24 hours.

And kye_duo, you will be able to use pipes, just not yet. Regular pipes will be using the baddest conversion rate by default, and I'm not sure how but I'll add a way to get regular rates. This will either involve alot of hacking in BC's power network or I'm implementing my own pipe :P. Probably the latter.

• Woops forgot some debug code. My bad :\. Update coming within 24 hours.

And kye_duo, you will be able to use pipes, just not yet. Regular pipes will be using the baddest conversion rate by default, and I'm not sure how but I'll add a way to get regular rates. This will either involve alot of hacking in BC's power network or I'm implementing my own pipe :P. Probably the latter.

if you do add your own pipes, could you please add a switch pipe? cause
    it'd be no fun to constantly have to replace the pipes when they blow.

• I don't suppose you'd be willing to make a Computer controlled adjustable elec engine?
    It'd be great to have a system that would adjust the power usage automatically if you know how to program.

• But for Computer Control you need a crappy Computer, for Redstone Control you need only vanilla Minecraft.

LOL, you talk about vanilla MC in a mod add-on thread.
    Computer Craft has a ton of stuff that is very helpful, especially if you add on the misc periphs and open CC Sensors. You do have to know/learn how to program in LUA, but it is not that hard.

• Official Post

LOL, you talk about vanilla MC in a mod add-on thread.
    Computer Craft has a ton of stuff that is very helpful, especially if you add on the misc periphs and open CC Sensors. You do have to know/learn how to program in LUA, but it is not that hard.

And what? With GregTech you will be able to do that with Redstone and without the laggy overhaul of programming lua. I'm currently adding tons of ways to use the 4 bit of vanilla Redstone to control and the detect status of Machines. That would be incompatible to some of those CC-Interfaces.

• And what? With GregTech you will be able to do that with Redstone and without the laggy overhaul of programming lua. I'm currently adding tons of ways to use the 4 bit of vanilla Redstone to control and the detect status of Machines. That would be incompatible to some of those CC-Interfaces.

add on Red Power 2 and you can use the bundled cable with CC, you get 16 channels per side. Plus the sensors can pull information directly from a lot of mods without the need for RS signals at all. I have no idea how Eloraam will incorporate the RS signal changes into her redwire but it still beats vanilla setups, as you can run redwire on ANY side of a block, and can keep directly adjacent wires separate by using microblocks or use the colored redwire. not to mention the single block sized gates and other simple circuits.
    CC is far superior to using analog signals, IF you know how to program.

• Official Post

I would agree with the fact that CC can interact with RP-Cables, but I doubt that Eloraam will add signal Strength to the Cables so she has just a 16 Bit Cable. Also not everybody uses CC due to the random Lag it causes and the sometimes just randomly breaking Code. Vanilla Redstone however is available to ALL Mods, and therefor superior.

• I would agree with the fact that CC can interact with RP-Cables, but I doubt that Eloraam will add signal Strength to the Cables so she has just a 16 Bit Cable. Also not everybody uses CC due to the random Lag it causes and the sometimes just randomly breaking Code. Vanilla Redstone however is available to ALL Mods, and therefor superior.

superior? LOL, whatever. we'll just have to agree to disagree on that point.

• superior? LOL, whatever. we'll just have to agree to disagree on that point.

Maybe. But the point on which I agree with him, is the fact it's better to do it with Vanilla RS, since every player use it. BTW CC is OP, so it'd be a shame to make player use it instead of Vanilla RS. And it seems, according to some modders, than CC is also laggy.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Maybe. But the point on which I agree with him, is the fact it's better to do it with Vanilla RS, since every player use it. BTW CC is OP, so it'd be a shame to make player use it instead of Vanilla RS. And it seems, according to some modders, than CC is also laggy.

I get more lag from BC than CC
    the only time I get random errors that aren't ID10T errors is on a laggy server
    using RS signals is only good for items, it does not give any control with power, which is far more important than item speed.

• You seriously don't know the Power of 4 Bit. You can do everything with it! If someone remembers my Combo-Lock Mode, that thing is also perfectly suited for reading 16-Bit Values via Redstone!

but HOW do you read the power level in a pipe? you can't without CC+OCS so you might as well use CC.