[Suggestion] Raw UU-Matter Pools and Mass Fabricator Change

• Playing Supreme Commander 2, it made me remember IC2 because the main resources in there is Matter (Which you can only get from specified place in the world map), and energy.

So i thought, why not make some Raw UU-Matter pools spawn naturally in the world (Far away from the Initial Spawn point, maybe 300-400 blocks away), and a new machine capable of extracting the matter out of these pools, of course the process requires quite a bit of energy, Time and advanced machinery to draw the matter from the pool. These pools are not infinite but they are indeed a bit extensive. That would cover the purpose the Matter extractor had in that game.

But it also had a second matter generation machine, called the Matter Converter and it actually does what the Mass Fabricator does, Generates matter out of nowhere by using extensive amounts of energy, and i bring this because i want to make a change to that machine, Mass fabricator still needs a lot of energy to work, but its functionality would be converting the ENTIRE Chunk its on in a big Matter Pool, only iridium coated machinery and blocks will be immune to the effect of the mass fabricator, the mass fabricator will too change the biome type to a new dangerous biome where it will destroy anything that isn't iridium coated (Including you the player if you aren't in full Iridium Armor). As an added bonus, you could make it so once the Mass Fabricator its placed and activated in the chunk, it cannot be removed by any means and trying to do so will trigger a chunk wide nuclear explosion that will destroy any UU-Matter block generated in the chunk (This explosion cannot be contained by any means). Also no EU to the mass fabricator = no Block conversion to UU-Matter blocks in the chunk.

What i want in a easy to understand Nut:

• FenixR suggesting a radical mechanics change? well this is new

i have a few gripes

first: with the unmovable with out blowing up block. blocks like personal safes are already abused to block passages and door ways and I can see this being used for that to

second: with this idea is it possible to speed run to a qsuit? cause the nerfers will totally throw a fit if that was the case

third: i think i missed something what the purpose of the new mass fab again? make a impenetrable fortress in a toxic wasteland? more efficient uum generation than the mass converter? general destruction and mayhem?

also would the natural uu-pools be of this new danger biome? and are the natural uu-pools found above ground, below, or both?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• 1) Mass fabricator its a pretty expensive block and its not indestructible, even if it did you could make it so when you place 2 Mass Fabricators together they will blow up (Like ThaumCraft obelisk did before). Also the Explosion will only affect the UU-Matter blocks in the chunk nothing else.

2) Nope. You still need a machine on the level of Mass Fabricator to extract the UU-Matter Pools. Energy consumption may be a little less than the mass fabricator though, and each matter block will only give like 2-4 matter in a VERY SLOW process.

3) Convert a chunk into a new biome type where everything that isn't iridium coated or UU-Matter block its destroyed. Also convert every block in the chunk into UU-Matter block (Not exactly a 1:1 conversion though, depends on block type) as long as the machine its powered, also since the biome its converted, a lot of blocks can get destroyed before being converted into UU-matter blocks (Forgot to add that you will need the Matter extractor machine with a iridium coating to get these blocks). General destruction and mayhem may apply... as long as the fabricator its working.

4) Matter Pools will spawn mostly underground in any biome, so they will not be easy to find either. Matter blocks will be a jello like block that is affected by gravity (Not Liquid)

Oh did i mention that the Mass Fabricator will need a recipe change to add iridium in it? Otherwise it will destroy itself.

• 1)works for me
    2)works for me
    3)so is the extractor/fabricator combo more eu efficient than the converter? cause I don't see the point to the fab other than a "impractical but awesome" offensive weapon over using a converter
    4)how about finding the pools underground in slime chunks instead they should be just as rare and have a corresponding mob to contend with

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• 1)works for me
    2)works for me
    3)so is the extractor/fabricator combo more eu efficient than the converter? cause I don't see the point to the fab other than a "impractical but awesome" offensive weapon over using a converter
    4)how about finding the pools underground in slime chunks instead they should be just as rare and have a corresponding mob to contend with

3) Quite honestly i hate how that game and IC2 just make something out of nothing. Because energy its technically nothing when it comes to matter (iirc at least). The idea is that the mass fabricator will convert anything on the chunk into raw matter so it doesn't make something out of anything anymore. More efficiently i don't really think so, a weapon? Only if you constantly power it with huge amounts of energy.

4) UU-Matter Slimes? sounds nice (No slimes will not drop uu matter), but i still think they should only spawn in 100-300 blocks away from spawn.

• 3) Quite honestly i hate how that game and IC2 just make something out of nothing. Because energy its technically nothing when it comes to matter (iirc at least). The idea is that the mass fabricator will convert anything on the chunk into raw matter so it doesn't make something out of anything anymore. More efficiently i don't really think so, a weapon? Only if you constantly power it with huge amounts of energy.

4) UU-Matter Slimes? sounds nice (No slimes will not drop uu matter), but i still think they should only spawn in 100-300 blocks away from spawn.

3) sorry i'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this one so what will cost me less eu to put uum on the table? extractor/fab combo or converter?

4) perhaps naturally occurring uum could be green to match? if you ask me people will still crunch the numbers either way for the fastest uum it makes little difference in the end, and with mojangs new server features people can't run their sever's seed through a slime finder to find possible pools so having it randomly pop up in slime chunks won't spoil anything competitive wise. the slime chunk route simply attempts to appeal to both the survivalist and the metagamer type player

• I don't care either way if its more expensive or more fast or W/E.

oh i got it. its a player preference thing like slime chunks for finding uum pools (meta-gamers play ssp and crunch the numbers to find the closest pool while survivalists play smp and just stumble into them in a realistic way)

• I'll admit, it's all very interesting.

But it doesn't seem all that 'IC2y'.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• I also though of a block that acts as a barrier against the mass fabricator effects to prevent griefing and such. It can be made through an option with a cheap recipe if the server only wants to prevent griefing, or a expensive recipe if they want the mass fabricator effects to be a valid weapon against others.

Also that block will only prevent a mass fabricator from being active in the area, but if there is an already active mass fabricator it will do nothing

• Instead of a full chunk (which is crazy, imo), what if it just changed a good 20ish block radius all the way around it?

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• probably best to cut off the operating height at 128 if you ask me

• What part of, Biome change, full chunk don't you understand?

Unless biomes only affect terrain bellow 128y...

If you really want it then fine, Mass Fabricator will only convert stuff bellow 128 to UU-Matter, but blocks above and bellow that limit will still be destroyed if they aren't iridium coated because of the biome.

If you really want it then fine, Mass Fabricator will only convert stuff bellow 128 to UU-Matter, but blocks above and bellow that limit will still be destroyed if they aren't iridium coated because of the biome.

Last I checked, Biomes don't care what a chunk is, and go about their merry business in their own little weird mathematical world.

anything is possible with the right code and it would seem extra odd if the mass fab made a 256x16 death pillar. plus i think a safe altitude for the architecturally skilled/elite to reside as they lay waste to the world below in the name of uum is a nice touch

• anything is possible with the right code and it would seem extra odd if the mass fab made a 256x16 death pillar. plus i think a safe altitude for the architecturally skilled/elite to reside as they lay waste to the world below in the name of uum is a nice touch

For a machine that will still consume a crap load of EU (Nope, scrap becomes a little useless again or have little effect), having a big range its kinda neccessary. And like i told ya, IRIDIUM COATED STUFF (Machine, Blocks and Players)

• perhaps the uum generation would be like eloraam's blue goo it will consume or destroy all that is next to a mass fab or uum block if there is a powered fab in the chunk?