Question: How to proper install this mod

• Hi everyone.. i am really noob in mod installing.. so please can anyone help me, and write step by step how to install this?

I have tried everything.. but instruction isnt clear for new. I mean on this page http://wiki.industrial-craft.n…p?title=Download#Download there is lots of sublinks.. and them bring You to lots of different pages with mass of other links and i am soo confused... but later (same page) tells me 'Hey, did you read the text above first? Well... OK, I trust you. All versions of IndustrialCraft, starting with v6.37, got the server data included' ... so... what?!

Never mind.. i tryed start game after install most of things and it works(!) on single.... but problem is i want make my own server to play with my friends, and now hells started... ive install everything in different combinations, always have same problem: generic while i tried build simple Scaffold ...

Even here http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=1366 it is not working..

So please again, can someone tell me what should i do and how.. but step by step and as much detailed as You can? (i mean word 'install xxx to yyy' is bad, cose there is no any installer here.. so please write 'unpack xxx and paste all in to yyy' or 'copy entire files with folder into yyy') i will be so gratefull

or just tell me which should i download (i mean no 'go there http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/forums/topic/forge-downloads/' because this is some kind of blog... ill preffer 'download buildcraft/2.2 from that page' ... or better gave me a direct link)
    I know this looks kind of stupid (probably lazy too) for most of You.. but i really have no any idea about modding stuff... but this mod is so great and i really want play, but i just getting dumb when i see something like this:

PS

now i have some new idea (dont know if this work) but.. maybe can someone just send me proper version of minecraft.jar and minecraft_server.jar and also include what else and where shoud i put?

I have minecraft 1.2.5 legal version [sorry for my bad English...]

• 1. Get either winrar or 7zip, and install it (you need one of these to open certain files).
    2. Go to your minecraft folder, then the bin folder, then make a copy of the minecraft.jar file as a backup.
    3. Open the minecraft.jar file, look for the META-INF folder, and delete it.
    4. Get Modloader, open it's file, and copy everything inside into your minecraft.jar, and overwrite anything if asked.
    5. Get forge, and repeat 4. You can now close minecraft.jar
    6. Run minecraft, and check you get to the main screen ok.
    7. Look in your minecraft folder, you now have a folder called mods. open that.
    8. Get industrialcraft2 from the release thread on this forum, and put the file in your mods folder.
    9. Run minecraft, and if you get no errors (you shouldn't) start a creative world and check the list for industrialcraft items. If you see them, everything worked and you can play!

• ok so. step one. have a clean jar. fresh everything.
    step two use winrar or 7zip to open your .minecraft.
    find your minecraft.jar and open it. Locae META-INF. and delete that file.

step three. download and install the moddloder from the link provided on the 1.2.5 ic2 thread. install by opening the modloader with one of the listed programs, then selecting all files and dragging those into your minecraft.jar

Step four. download the minecraft forge from the same place, open it with the same program (7zip, or winrar) then drag the files into your minecraft.jar

step five, close the program and open minecraft. Then close it out. this should create a mod folder in your .minecraft

step six. open your .minecraft and place the Ic2 file inside that folder. close the program. open minecraft.

ic2 should run.

keep in mind, since 1.2.5 modloadermp is NO longer required.

if you have issues locating your .minecraft. go to the bottom left of your screen, click that button on the far bottom left. in the search bar, type %appdata%
    that should bring it up.

- sometimes... i wish a had a mining laser.. -

• Official Post

1. Not needed but recommended
    2. Recommended too
    3. DO NOT DELETE the META-INF of the Server!!!!!!!!!! (Only in the Clientversion)
    4/5. Exactly, but you don't need Risugamis Modloader for Server (Only in the Clientversion)
    6. Make that also with the Server
    7/8/9. OK

• Thank You all for quick answer.. but still nothing ;)

I mean single player seems work proper, and it is a lot of easier now.. but still i have some questions:

CiderCraft says '5. Get forge' so i go for a little search and i found that one:

http://wiki.industrial-craft.n…p?title=Download#Download > SpaceToad's MCForge > Topic: Forge 3.1.2 Minecraft 1.2.5 > Client minecraftforge-client-3.1.2.90

is this that 'forge' ? I suppose yes.. cose single works... but next i tried make server after GregoriusT advice, and seems ok while i start server.. ok too while i run game.. but when i connect to the server and try do new items i have dc :wacko: again generic...

I suppose do some wrong at server stage.. so maybe You can find my mistake..

1. take new file from http://www.minecraft.net/download minecraft_server.jar (621 KB) and Minecraft_Server.exe (802 KB)

2. make new dir and paste both files into this dir

3. download from SpaceToad's MCForge > Topic: Forge 3.1.2 Minecraft 1.2.5 > Server minecraftforge-server-3.1.2.90

4. open minecraft_server.jar by winrar(or)7zip and paste unzipped minecraftforge-server-3.1.2.90 files into then close .jar

5. run minecraft_server.exe to make new world and close server
    6. make new dir name 'mods' next to minecraft_server.exe and paste there IndustrialCraft² for Minecraft 1.2.5

Latest version: v1.95b Server Download from Industrial-craft.net

7. run server.exe , then run game... connect to the server and try make Scaffold (if You are Krownz You gonna probably have disconnect.genericReason right after made it and trying put them into eq :S )

When im doing something wrong?