[1.2.5] Dboys Industry Self-Installing Modpack [IC21.97][RP2pr5b] Whitelist

• SERVER IS OFFLINE, thanks for playing everyone

Come one, come all to the Dboys Industry server! IP Address 75.127.1.103:25565
    Hosted through BeastNode, located at NY, USA, International users are welcome.
    Mods Installed: [IC21.97][RP2pr5b] (+ IC2AddonAdvancedMachinesv4, ReactorControl)

If you have a problem with javaw, edit the BAT file and replace the whole line "start javaw..." with "start Minecraft.exe".
    DOWNLOAD
    Download Modpack Here (Win) I have packaged a modpack with absolutely everything you need except the core Minecraft files. This modpack uses a bat file to force a fresh install of Minecraft in its folder. It WILL NOT affect your other Minecraft installs at all. Includes and uses 7zip commandline executable. Creates a fresh minecraft install with default skin, custom skins must be added manually.

Server Rules
    Apply for whitelist on this thread
    No griefing
    Do not go beyond 2000, -2000 : 2000, -2000 (for now, subject to expand at later date)
    No creative mode. Use singleplayer if you want to test the pack out.
    Please don't put an excessive amount of machinery in one place, I've been told this can corrupt chunks which will require anything in that chunk to be demolished by a rebuild.

Welcome to the server. Build something epic and have fun!

The server is backed up and restarted twice daily. Admins online most nights around 7pm EST.

You may contact me with any suggestions or questions here on the forum or via Skype(pdavidow), GTalk(zerohourrct), Raptr(Medicdude), Facebook(pdavidow), or Steam(firestormrct).
    Email me at zerohourrct@gmail.com

Mod Credits:
    IndustrialCraft2 Donate Info Recipes
    RedPower2 Donate Info Recipes
    BuildCraft Donate Info Recipes
    Forestry Donate Info Recipes
    IC2addon Advanced Machines v4.0 Info
    IC2addon BCICcrossover Info
    IC2addon Nuclear Control Info

• Edit: The modpack has been completely rebuilt and is now completely legitimate, no Minecraft files are included at all.

• Dude, you did not provide a modpack. You provided the minecraft.jar. Its in the folder Step 8.

Your not allowed to distribute the minecraft.jar

If you need me to make you a real modpack hit me up with a pm.

• Did you ask the mod authors before you implemented there mods into your modpack because if you dont you will be riticuled nearly as bad as Tekkit/Technic.

• Did you ask the mod authors before you implemented there mods into your modpack because if you dont you will be riticuled nearly as bad as Tekkit/Technic.

I think there is a difference between setting up a modpack and releasing it to the public, and setting up a modpack to allow people to join your server.

Also, I'm pretty sure most mod authors allow modpacks for servers.

No. And no. All four mods are available to the public. The pack is simply a compilation of the files so that you can use them on the server, I am earning no revenue with it. I dislike adfly because it makes you wait for the download, you shouldn't have to wait. I will donate to the mod creators based on server popularity of their features.

I have since reviewed the distribution policies and asked alblaka and eloraam for permission to distribute.

• Dude, you did not provide a modpack.

Yes, 'Dude', I did. It's a package containing all the mod files required to play on my server.

You provided the minecraft.jar. Its in the folder Step 8.

Yes, a modified one.

Your[sic] not allowed to distribute the minecraft.jar

Distributing a modified minecraft jar is within the terms of service. It's a minor derivative work that is inoperable without the core files, which follows their terms of use (as far as I can interpret). My pack still requires users to download the whole minecraft files from mojang before it will work.

If you need me to make you a real modpack hit me up with a pm.

No.

• Slight server hiccup on the host's end, trying to resolve it now. They're doing a quick maintenance to resolve some bugs, the server should come back online automatically. I'll be back later tonight. I'm hosting through Multiminecraft.

News: Everything is back up and running great.

• I am going to put this blunt, even a 4 year old should understand this.

You Cannot Distribute the Minecraft Jar

It does not matter if its modified. Your distributing there jar. This is against the minecraft tos. Don't be stupid.
    Distributing the jar allows people who have not bought the game to play it. This is piracy and your doing exactly this.

Don't even say that you need an account to play. Because you don't need one. You can play offline as long as you have the minecraft jar. Which you provided.

I offered to make you a legit modpack, but with your arrogance. I will not anymore.

This thread has been reported.

• Also, if your still think you not breaking the terms of use. Then maybe you should actually read them

Quoted from minecraft.net/terms

The One Major Rule
    Do not distribute anything we've made. This includes, but not limited to, the client or the server software for the game. This also includes modified versions of anything we've made.

• Don't redistribute copyrighted material without permission. The forums are hosted in Germany, we don't have "fair use" exceptions.

Ah, my intention was not to inconvenience the forums at all, I will remove the modified jar from the pack and put in instructions on recreating it.

I see you have already removed the link, thankyou.

• Also, if your still think you not breaking the terms of use. Then maybe you should actually read them

So you're saying that everyone who retweets jeb is breaking the terms of use right? Because he made those statements and they are redistributing them. You're going to say that it's not the same thing, and I will disagree, it is the EXACT same thing, except for the length of the work. So the question is, how long is acceptable? That's up to your interpretation.

If you read the second paragraph, it states 'we need all game downloads to come from a single central source: us. ' I feel like that clause is the most important one, which I do follow.

Distirbuting information or violating the terms of an EULA does not make you a pirate, it is simply legal grounds for refusal and termination of service. (In the United States at least).

• So you're saying that everyone who retweets jeb is breaking the terms of use right? Because he made those statements and they are redistributing them. You're going to say that it's not the same thing, and I will disagree, it is the EXACT same thing, except for the length of the work. So the question is, how long is acceptable? That's up to your interpretation.

Distirbuting information or violating the terms of an EULA does not make you a pirate, it is simply legal grounds for refusal and termination of service. (In the United States at least).

There is a difference between re tweeting something that someone said, and distributing there copyrighted material. Stop being a smart ass. We have freedom of speech, we don't have freedom to redistribute copyrighted material. This is piracy.

When you distribute copyrighted material, its called piracy. Stop arguing with that. Violating the tos may not make you a pirate, distributing copyrighted material does.

If you read the second paragraph, it states 'we need all game downloads to come from a single central source: us. ' I feel like that clause is the most important one, which I do follow.

You did not follow this. You had a download for the minecraft.jar. Regardless if it was modified it does NOT matter. This does not give you a right to distribute it. Stop making false claims.

Obviously your not old enough to understand this, so I'm going to just stop arguing with you. Your download was already removed for distributing copyrighted material, so I don't see why your still trying to prove your self right.

• Obviously your not old enough to understand this, so I'm going to just stop arguing with you. Your download was already removed for distributing copyrighted material, so I don't see why your still trying to prove your self right.

I can assure you that I understand what you are saying perfectly, and I am disagreeing with your view point. Interpretation of the law is up to each individual citizen, in the united states that's why we have the judicial system. I am trying to keep a civil argument and NOT verbally attack you.

Further, distributing copyrighted work does not make one a pirate. In fact, in the United States, it is perfectly legal as long as it falls under fair use, see "http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html". Also, I was providing the jar as a convenience to those whom already own a license to Minecraft, not for the use of crackers who have no use for my incomplete file set anyways.

And further, 'Terms of Use' and EULAs have little to no legal weight. They are often combined with license agreements to allow one party to legally revoke the agreement.

• I can assure you that I understand what you are saying perfectly, and I am disagreeing with your view point. Interpretation of the law is up to each individual citizen, in the united states that's why we have the judicial system. I am trying to keep a civil argument and NOT verbally attack you.

Further, distributing copyrighted work does not make one a pirate. In fact, in the United States, it is perfectly legal as long as it falls under fair use, see "http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html". Also, I was providing the jar as a convenience to those whom already own a license to Minecraft, not for the use of crackers who have no use for my incomplete file set anyways.

And further, 'Terms of Use' and EULAs have little to no legal weight. They are often combined with license agreements to allow one party to legally revoke the agreement.

It does not matter if your intention was to release it to people with a license to play the game. That's no different from me uploading a torrent of a major game like mw3, and claiming I only uploaded it for people who bought mw3.

You can't claim what you did is "Fair Use". As its not fair to mojang that you are distributing there game.

You fail to realize that the only file you need to play minecraft is the minecraft.jar. All the other files are easily attainable. As most of the files are not even mojang's work to begin with. They are java dependency.
    Its will also be easier in the future when mojang releases there "Demo" of minecraft. People can just use your jar file and play the game for free.

Distributing the minecraft jar makes you a pirate. Stop trying to claim fair use. You don't see any other mod packs that have the minecraft.jar included. You cant distribute the minecraft.jar file. This is why there are mod packs.

• Quote from Timmie3054

You can't claim what you did is "Fair Use". As its not fair to mojang that you are distributing there game.

Yes, I can. How is it not fair to mojang? I am targeting players that already own a valid license.

Quote from Timmie3054

You fail to realize that the only file you need to play minecraft is the minecraft.jar. All the other files are easily attainable. As most of the files are not even mojang's work to begin with. They are java dependency.
    Its will also be easier in the future when mojang releases there "Demo" of minecraft. People can just use your jar file and play the game for free.
    Distributing the minecraft jar makes you a pirate. Stop trying to claim fair use. You don't see any other mod packs that have the minecraft.jar included. You cant distribute the minecraft.jar file. This is why there are mod packs.

You know, you're right, I'm a bloody pirate. I'm distributing the minecraft.jar to people that already own minecraft, now that's mighty unfair isn't it?

And it's so difficult for my fellow pirate brethren to get a copy of the jar elsewhere, I am the sole and single almighty source. I'm solely responsible for all those other poor saps getting everything for free. I mean, who can blame them when I make it so easy? All they have to do is download MY jar, get all the other files from elsewhere, crack the login and version protection! Child's play, really.

I should do it the same way all other mod packs do it. I should force those pirates to go elsewhere! Those hardcore pirates still won't pay for minecraft, and the soft-core pirates will find something else to get for free.

I should make things difficult for my legitimate server users just to spite those bloody pirates! Now that's customer service, and is sure to increase popularity for mods and for minecraft!

End sarcasm.
    Have a nice logical day.

• If I owned this forum I would be thinking of banning you but I don't so your safe. END OF DISCUSSION!!!

• Where can I grab the config files? Can't find 'em in OP, but I get a crash due to new blocks in IC and RP2 :|
    So yeah, config files would be welcome

Ah, the problem is that you also need to install the advanced machines addon into the mods folder, download here.

Sorry, I forgot I had added that, I've updated the original post.