CASUC fail safe for smp

• Hi, I am currently running an 1800eu/t snowman fed ice casuc, however lag has caused it to explode on me twice due to not delivering ice correctly.... I was wondering what are the most sure fire failsafes I could apply to minimise the chances of this happening.

Thanks guys!

• Official Post

first of all: BUILD YOUR REACTOR AND COOLING INTO THE SAME CHUNK!!! (these 16x16-Squares in which Minecraft saves the Game)
    second: Due to a bug in the Reactor with Redstone, you should never shut down the Coolantsystem, if the Reactor is set OFFLINE via REDSTONE.

Thats the most important stuff. My Tutorial (linked in my Signature, and its on Page 3) shows a 1840EU/t Waterbucket-CASUC with a ComputerCraft-Chunkloaddetector to avoid the second Problem i mentioned here.

• CASUCs go up so fast there's not much you can do.
    still, you'll want to re-design things as it's rather obvious your still using 1.1.
    Block breakers and snowmen poop doesn't work in 1.2.5.

Best I could suggest is an item detector keeping the thing on if it sees an item running through. no item in 3 seconds and it shuts off. (i'll assume you have redpower installed as that's the way one harvests snowballs from snowman)
    Note even that isn't foolproof as DW20's last "Season" showed. (his CASUC went *bang*)

• Official Post

Note even that isn't foolproof as DW20's last "Season" showed. (his CASUC went *bang*)

That is/was a (reported!) Bug in the Nuclearreactor-Redstonecode of IC² itself, so the Reactor doesnt save the active Redstonesignal applied to the Reactor, if the Chunk unloads, and then it just starts running on Chunkreload (without Coolant-ICE, because the Coolantfabricator is OFF, because Direwolf thought the Reactor will still be OFF) and simply BOOM!!!

• That is/was a (reported!) Bug in the Nuclearreactor-Redstonecode of IC² itself, so the Reactor doesnt save the active Redstonesignal applied to the Reactor, if the Chunk unloads, and then it just starts running on Chunkreload (without Coolant-ICE, because the Coolantfabricator is OFF, because Direwolf thought the Reactor will still be OFF) and simply BOOM!!!

Ah, right, forgot about that. I just never turn the cooling system off as I just use a condenser chest and a line of block breakers to make the ice. Keep timer on the filter turned on and it'll always dump ice when needed.

• Do chunkloaders work effectively to keep cooling and redstone/redpower2 failsafes functioning over multiple chunks on SMP when a player is not in range to keep said chunks loaded?