[Suggestion] Cranes

• Ever been trying to build a tall building and forget to make scaffolding or run out of iron or sticks or is the only thing you do is "pick things up and put them down" well here's the thing for you.

Cranes

Its pretty much what you would think a type of large machine to pick things (blocks specifically) up, move them a bit and, put them down.
    I purpose two cranes: A tower and a gantry crane both need EUs supplied at least at a constant 512 Eu/t with maybe like a million storage and be made with some combination of iron scaffolding and cables made somehow and pick X amounts of blocks off of scaffolding and can move and place them with cables and similar items but the difference is range Tower Cranes range is more of a circle (which as I'm typing this would make it difficult to place blocks unless they stayed oriented the same way) and gantry more of a rectangle (useful for bridges or roads)

this is just a rough idea but i'm just throwing it out to see if it would be remotely possible although the tower crane would look cooler the gantry would be more practical and minecrafty.

• Official Post

That will take VERY VERY LONG to make, i doubt it will be added, also if i understand right it will be a Magic Block (like most of the Stuff from Buildcraft) and that is not really liked by some people like me.

Maybe you should try to make one with Redpowers Frames. :)

• I understand it would be big and difficult but I was thinking more of something you built out of iron scaffolding and added a "crane controller block" that would place the cabin that you sit in when completed it acted like a single block like the coke oven from Railcraft and the scaffolding would turn yellow to tell you it was a crane.

I do understand this probably won't make it in anytime soon but it's a suggestion for the future (Industrial Construction...?)

• That would make either A big fat glitchy entity, or alot of glitchy/laggy code to check how high the cabin is,as you can remove/add scaffolding when it's not an entity

As said before, Try making one with redpower frames, it's not that hard, (You actually inspired me to do it xD)
    Going up is glitchy though, but it would work pretty nicely if done correctly