I encounter the problem while trying to use HD textures (128 x Sphax Pure BDCraft with IC2 extension) in IC2. Help/hints how to properly do this will be much appreciated.
The (obviously unsucesfull) procedure that I'm using so far is as follow:
1. Download fresh minecraft.jar file (NOT a snapshot, 1.2.5 version)
2. Patched it with MC Patcher, ver. 2.3.6_03
2.1 Options used during patching: HD text, HD font, Random mobs - all other options are OFF
3. Download ModLoader [v1.2.5] from http://www.minecraftforum.net/…-mods-everything-updated/
4. Open minecraft.jar in WinRAR, copy ModLoader files into it.
5. Download Forge client 126.96.36.199, copy contents into minecraft.jar
6. Close minecraft.jar
7. Download IC2 client 1.95b, copy jar file into ".minecraft/mods" directory (WITHOUT opening it or changing the file in any other way).
NOTE: META-INF directory is deleted by MC Patcher during patching process, so this step is also covered.
Now, MC is running fine with default textures. But when I try to switch to other texture pack troubles begins...
About 75% of the time MC goes black screen and freezes. No crash report is displayed in game window, but when launched via command line, the following report is generated:
- C:\M\Minecraft>java -Xincgc -Xmx2048M -cp Minecraft.exe net.minecraft.LauncherFrame
- 27 achievements
- 182 recipes
- Setting user: M_G_O, -1574047657672235310
- LWJGL Version: 2.4.2
- MCPatcherUtils initialized. Directory C:\Users\M\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft
- ModLoader 1.2.5 Initializing...
- Mod Initialized: mod_MinecraftForge 188.8.131.52
- Mod Initialized: mod_IC2 v1.95
- MinecraftForge v184.108.40.206 Initialized
- 2012-05-06 23:23:02 forge.ForgeHooks <clinit>
- INFO: MinecraftForge v220.127.116.11 Initialized
- Mod Loaded: mod_MinecraftForge 18.104.22.168
- [IC2] Config loaded from C:\Users\M\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\config\IC2.cfg
- [IC2] Using 32 audio sources.
- Mod Loaded: mod_IC2 v1.95
- [IC2] Loading IC2 submodule: bcIntegration31x
- [IC2] Submodule not loaded: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: buildcraft/api/ITriggerProvider
- [IC2] Loading IC2 submodule: bcIntegration22x
- [IC2] Submodule not loaded: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: buildcraft/api/ILiquidContainer
- [IC2] Loading IC2 submodule: cgIntegration14x
- [IC2] Submodule not loaded: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: CraftGuide/API/IRecipeProvider
- [IC2] Loading IC2 submodule: neiIntegration11x
- [IC2] Submodule not loaded: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: codechicken/nei/ICraftingHandler
- [IC2] Portal Gun compatibility not loaded: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: mod_PortalGun
- WARNING: Found unknown Windows version: Windows 7
- Attempting to use default windows plug-in.
- Loading: net.java.games.input.DirectAndRawInputEnvironmentPlugin
- Starting up SoundSystem...
- Initializing LWJGL OpenAL
- (The LWJGL binding of OpenAL. For more information, see http://www.lwjgl.org)
- OpenAL initialized.
- at gi.a(SourceFile:46)
- at cn.a(SourceFile:139)
- at if.a(SourceFile:150)
- at em.a(SourceFile:81)
- at lr.b(EntityRenderer.java:970)
- at EntityRendererProxy.b(EntityRendererProxy.java:21)
- at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(Minecraft.java:869)
- at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:747)
- at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
- SoundSystem shutting down...
- Author: Paul Lamb, www.paulscode.com
Other 25% of the time MC starts and loads the world/save, but some blocks (eg. smoothstone) have "microportals" and "microflames" on them - like when the game was not patched for HD textures properly (see linked image - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/20120506231848.jpg/ )
/sorry for providing it this way, but for some reason 'insert image' option is not working for me... /
And the game crashes after the while (on updating chunks??...)
So, what am I doing wrong? I've seen numerous YT videos with IC2 using hi-res textures, so it can be done. But I can't make it working ...sigh...