[Deprecated] Rock Melter aka Lava Maker

• Edit: This idea is deprecated and has been incorporated in another form in http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=6216 .

Name: Rock Melter or Lava Maker

Description: This machine uses a very high electric current to melt ordinary rock into lava. This takes an extraordinary amount of energy and is rather slow, but can turn a stack of cobblestone (64) into a full tank of lava, enough to fill 8 buckets or cells. For balance reasons, this will take more energy per bucket/cell than one can get out of a lava bucket or cell, and most likely much more.

Recipe: At least one Induction Furnace to generate the heat and some obsidian to be able to take the heat, plus most likely other components.

Combine with http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=6209 (The Molten Electrolyzer) to extract metal from ordinary rock! (very slowly)

• A machine for only one purpose? It's very unlikely that this will make it into the mod.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• there are uumatter recipes for lava source blocks and metal ores, you can make a cobble-gen with the source block, and you can macerate the cobble to make sand, and you can cook sand to make glass

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• I like both the idea...
    IMHO the lava must be created with the same amount of EU that u can obtain in a geogen... the balance is respected anyway because of the cost of doing tin can...
    Maybe if u put this immidiatly under the molden electrolyzer it can suck up the lava from the rock melter directly without the tin can...
    Produce home-made lava is by the way a good option anyway... IF u can also harvest it with a bucket...

• You didn't give me time to finish my other post with the molten electrolyzer, where you can turn lava into metal and glass.

That doesn't change the amount of purposes for the lava maker.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• from the molten electrolyzer thread

So you are suggesting: Lava + Machine + Time = low amount of Minerals + (maybe) Energy

To make it usefull enough, you have to get more Ore than you would get with a Recycler (or Massfabricator), but you have also to make it less efficient, because of Cobblegenerators. This way its really, hard to balance between that very small space, and everyone would just skip it, IF there would be no Lava in the Nether, so if we dont make the Lavamaker, but the Mineralfilter, which you call "Molten Electrolyzer", for filtering Minerals out of Netherlava (Also normal Lava, but there is not so much of it), then we could much easier Survive in the Nether, so finally:

+1 for "Molten Electrolyzer" if you use another Name for it
    -1 for "Lavamaker", which you have suggested right before

metal from lava sounds good but lava from stone is ripe for exploitation you can't have both

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• I did deny the other ones too.

no don't do that just deny the "lava maker" parts the "metal from lava" concept is good as long as you can't make lava from blocks

• Official Post

no don't do that just deny the "lava maker" parts the "metal from lava" concept is good as long as you can't make lava from blocks

Metal and other random stuff from lava is nice. As lava is a shitton of stuff in liquid form. [if you managed to go to the center of earth, you would find solid Ni and Fe]

• Metal and other random stuff from lava is nice. As lava is a shitton of stuff in liquid form. [if you managed to go to the center of earth, you would find solid Ni and Fe]

heck if we wanted to go realistic we could make a case for this to spit out iridium but thats up to the devs in the end

• As far as I see,evertything you ask is a modification of APS buildcraft addon.You ask because its not SMP compatable? Looks like trolling
    This includes Mineral Extractor,Blast Furnace and so on.