Solar/Nuclear energy "price".

• but is it efficient enough to grabt you spending your time on digging up uranium every time you run out?
    I have to agree with the OP here and say that Nuclear power is Teir 3 while solar panels are Teir 4
    since 1 solar panel requires 1 generator, 3 coal and outputs 1EU/t for half a day / night cycle but is eternally productive with no further regulation yes nuclear generators are already expensive enough if you want to produce much energy without blowing holes in your world.

First of all you get uranium as a side-product from your normal mining, hence there really is no "digging for uranium". Also when you get breeder reactors you can effectively sevenfold the uran you mine, since you can make 8 depleted cells from 1 uran and then enrich them using a single uran cell (that for the record will still produce energy).
    If ones nuclear generators blow up it's because:
    1. You are running a positive generator (but why bother?) in SMP and gets DC'ed, so if there are other ppl around to keep it loaded it will blow
    2. Someone grief your generator in SMP (But they would wreak you somehow anyway, so...)
    2. Yo doin eeet wongh!

• Yes my point being that "doing it properly" actually uses alot of resources (alot compared to other forms of power generation excluding solarpower)

• Well, not really. It actually uses a lot less iron, so on my current nuclear-fed save I'm drowning in the lovely shit. I'm actually about to run out of lapis for advanced circuits :sleeping:

So ... on an SMP server you could beeline for nuclear power and then sell the iron! :thumbup:

I'm currently running 2 power-producing reactors with two added chambers each giving 35 EU/turn a pop. pretty sure they were quite a LOT less expensive than 140 solar gennies... Not to mention taking only 4*5*3 space in my base and being ridiculously easy to wire!
    But I might be wrong ... :| :wacko: 8o

• Sorta like reality, nuclear is cheaper than solar for large scale electricity production. Takes less space and works all the time too, just takes more infrastructure and a more educated operations team.

Want to make nuke more expensive? Leave the reactor alone and have a centrifuge machine for enriching the initial ore. Advanced machine and requires MV power to run, and takes awhile to enrich the ore. Maybe add a dedicated storage chest type with water included to store enriched and depleted cells.

• Well, I dunno ... With the (currently?) most efficient breeder you can enrich about 8 depleted cells per nuclear cycle, thus actually run for example my two reactors at a total 70eu/t and use up only a single raw uranium. Given that you get a relative lot of it from both normal and auto-mining, that's REALLY cheap a price for the epic compactness.

Not to mention that you can feed that cycle infinitely by creating your raw uran from generated mass, actually with a pretty huge net energy gain. Troll science FTW MinecraftNotch

• Well, I dunno ... With the (currently?) most efficient breeder you can enrich about 8 depleted cells per nuclear cycle, thus actually run for example my two reactors at a total 70eu/t and use up only a single raw uranium. Given that you get a relative lot of it from both normal and auto-mining, that's REALLY cheap a price for the epic compactness.

Not to mention that you can feed that cycle infinitely by creating your raw uran from generated mass, actually with a pretty huge net energy gain. Troll science FTW MinecraftNotch

Automated Regenerating uranium production facility running off cobblestone is being designed!

• Automated Regenerating uranium production facility running off cobblestone is being designed!

After Thermodynamics threated to send a SWAT team to break AL's computer, he will remove the uran matter recipe.

• After Thermodynamics threated to send a SWAT team to break AL's computer, he will remove the uran matter recipe.

Yeah I sadly noticed :(
    however I still have EE 4xsuper super coal + 1 slimeball = Uranium YAY

• Lots of cobblestone -> uranium -> electricity, with some of the electricity going back to produce more uranium from cobblestone and energy is NOT a violation of thermodynamics. E=MC^2, and more mass-energy is entering the system (a lot more...we are talking about STACKS of cobblestone) that is leaving in the form of net electricity production.

Granted, infinite cobblestone is a violation of conservation of mass, so I will pretend that instead of a cobblestone generator you use a buildcraft quarry.

• Yes it is Vannilla minecraft physics that violates thermodynamics
    the mass generator and recycler are just amazing technology
    which allows E=MC^2 to be used to its full potential