Suggestion: Replicator

• First: Sorry it's my first post. Now that that's out of the way I also want to say I didn't read all of the suggestions: I browsed through the first 8 pages and the compendium and didn't see this idea, though there is a thread on the [now] 3rd page with a similar title. I also didn't notice this on the list of already denied ideas, unless it falls under "new crafting table" which is a bit of a simplification.

Replicator: unlike the other thread I'm thinking very much like Star Trek, just not quite so egregious. I'm suggesting a top tier machine that could possibly replace current UU matter crafting, or at least supplement it greatly. The Replicator could accept UUM as a type of fuel and manufacture completed machines within a short duration. The machine would of course have to be powered and have a sufficient supply of UUM, and with 1 iron ore being 2.5m EU, advanced machine replication would require a dizzying supply of it. The true pinnacle of Industrial Technology. It could/would/should even be more expensive than taking the UUM, making the base materials, and crafting the machine by hand.

Let's take a generator: Machine block (10 UUM for the 4 ore required), Furnace (Cobble can't be made with UUM so let's just say 1; it's certainly not more expensive or rare than sandstone), Battery (I'm going to break it down into fractions of current crafting and then sum at the end [1.2m for tin, 1/3m for redstone, .1m for copper and 65k for rubber = ~1.7m EU =~1.7 UUM]) total value of, let's say, 13 UUM to make a simple generator from scratch with nothing but UUM in the Replicator. That's for a basic, coal burning, gets cannibalized to build something better in day 2 generator.

Using the established numbers, making a mass fabricator with this would be 82.768 UUM. Round to say 85-87 to add in the extra effort and EU spent processing some of the materials.

After you've set up a multi fabricator factory being fed by a recycler room being fed om turn by a cobble generator, don't you deserve to make more whatever-you-wants with the push of a button instead of all the tedious clicking and moving it takes to make the higher machines?

• WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! :D and thank you for putting up the effort to research what your suggesting before posting it.

in ic2 lingo this would be considered tier 4 technology(for example a mass fab is tier 3, an induction furnace is tier2, and a macerator is tier 1). most if not all tier 4 technology suggestions have been denied on the grounds of being over powered. can you give a good reson why this one should be treated differently?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Thank you for being one in a 1000000000, because you actually bothered to look up and research the stuff about your suggestion. As stated above, however, this my be OP, and honestly, I wouldn't use it. However, I don't hate you, and feel free to make more suggestions like this in the future. Welcome to the forums.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• Welcome to the forums! This is the best idea from an under 20 posts guy! While this sounds kinda cool, I'm not sure if it would work that well. The only way to make it not op would be to make it take tons of uu and eu. My advice: crafting table 3 with an inv full of uu :D

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• Official Post

Welcome to the forums! This is the best idea from an under 20 posts guy! While this sounds kinda cool, I'm not sure if it would work that well. The only way to make it not op would be to make it take tons of uu and eu. My advice: crafting table 3 with an inv full of uu :D

Is "The Craftingtable of Awesomeness" now finally Bugfree?

• While I give points for good presentation (and considering all the ungrammatical, uncapitalized, unpunctuated posts out there, it counts for quite a lot), I'm afraid I don't see how this idea gives any sort of advantage. It merely makes crafting easier and doesn't alter the material cost - and most IC2 players worry about the material costs first and foremost, considering crafting time relatively negligible. Certainly once you have a mass fabricator you have a machine shop with all the other basic machines; it's just for building bigger and better.

Even though the content of this idea might not work out, you show promise. Keep up the suggestions!