Rate my base (survival island, IC2/BC/EE/RP2/Railcraft)

• Basically a survival island seed on which I have to do certain tasks in order to get some rewards (given through NEI)
    Though EE is installed, it is only used to craft some useful items like those large chests - I don't do that transmuting shit for items I can get to. (this does not account nether stuff, as I do not venture there and these items are won by completing challenges.) :D

Original island:

Island in current state:

As you can see, The island has been expanded a little. Construction foam rocks! The two new islands are also artificial.The lights are sandstone covered RP2 lamps, hooked up to a light sensor and a wire under the path which automatically (de)activates when needed.
    Power is clean and green with 2 unmanned watermill towers (2 x 4 x 4 x 4 mills).
    The Landing strip is ment for a future RP2 frame contraption. To the far left you can see my quarries.
    The huge tower is just a vintage point. you might also spot some RP2 solars in one of the trees. Disguised as a birch tree, the power is used in my machine room and cacti farm.
    After entering the tower you descent the stairs and...

... you enter the hallway. Not much to say here, continue downstairs for the challenges corridor, mob grinder, fuel refinery room, potion and enchantment room, RP2 controlled cacti farm. (TOP) Right you see the tanks from said fuel room as indicators how much has been produced. The greenhouses are reachable through the hallway behind the glass at the right top corner of the picture. Other rooms there are pump chamber, sorting control room, railcraft corridor and sleeping room (complete with jukebox and 10 -legit!- disks :thumbup: ) Also, the mob grinder is operated from here. Its currently off, so the mob spawner room is lit and none of the killing mechanisms work. (but more about that later.)
    (BOTTOM) Upon descending, you are greeted by the machine room. Note that the wall chests are ment for the Mob grinder and for general crap.

My machine room. by far the room I live in most :D plating is iron block cover with basalt strip. Machines visible (ltr) Recycler, compressor, extractor, MFE, blutricity oven. The pneumatic tubes shovel all junk my quarry digs up trough a sorting machine (behind the wall), and pass through this room once again. Then they get transported to w/e chest they belong to. Under the blutricity oven there is an electrolyser to buffer exces EU.

View from the other side. Machinery (ltr) A second blutricity oven, Blutricity alloy furnace, Macerator with Energy upgrade and 8 Overclockers, Electric furnace, Canning machine. Behind the main table you can see a RP2 computer (currently it has no use), a rolling machine and a project table.

This is behind the wall of my machine room. The staircase leads to the sorting machine for easy acces in case of malfunctioning. Under the floor is an overflow chest, accessible through the lower floor. To the right there is my Railcraft corridor, with three coke ovens and a blast furnace. (although I haven't used RC much yet, still busy with the other mods :D )

My fuel refinery room. Pretty much nothing special here, The engines also power two pumps to keep everything cool. Right starts the Corridor of Conquests (or challenges), which I won't be showing (boring!).

BUUUUURN! The mob grinder in action. While on, all lights in both hallway and room are out. The hallway is built on halfslabs so nobody can spawn there. Periodically, a number of igniters pulse and light everything aflame. Then pistons retract and water floods the room, driving the goodies to a row of transposers.

One of the 3 Greenhouses I currently have. Due to be built underwater, most blocks stay quite well hydrated :D Currently only 6 new plants discovered though.

That about wraps it up, let me know what you think of it? :)

• Official Post

Design 9/10 (That Halfblocksized Purple Carpet is a bit thick or?)
    Automation 2/10 (And thats the absolutely most important part for my Bases)
    Productivity 4/10 (You don't produce much Stuff, or?)
    Effectivity 4/10 (that Grinder looks nice but it does nothing more than that, like Expfarming or Raredropproducing)

All in all 4.5/10

But your Base looks very good, what i cant say about my own Base.

• Well thanks, a nine is not that bad :D

as for automation and mass production - I am aware that it has none of those two. These are planned though, in the form of automated scrap, diamond and biofuel plants later on.
    Thanks for rating!

• impressive but if your surrounded by water why did you build 2 water towers? couldn't you have just dropped the mills in the ocean?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• impressive but if your surrounded by water why did you build 2 water towers? couldn't you have just dropped the mills in the ocean?

I did at first, but for some reason I like to see my powerplant when I walk around ;P