Help me get nether wart

• I'm trying to get to nether wart on the FTB Insanity map. I think I am supposed to cross breed plants until I get a nether wart. I'm new to the crops system and have some questions.

What do the Tier's mean? I see that nether wart is a Tier V plant. I have successfully cross bred wheat (Tier I) to get dandelion (Tier II). If I keep cross breeding Tier II plants will I eventually get a Tier III and then cross breed Tier III to get Tier IV and so forth? And then by chance one of the Tier V plants I get will be nether wart?

And, will I be able to get my first nether wart plant in the overworld? Or will have I have do the Tier IV cross breeding in the nether? Will the overworld plants cross breed in the nether?

Also, I don't have soul sand yet.

• I recall that before you can get Netherwart via IC2 crossbreeding, you need to get Terrawart.
    All I can suggest is crossbreed like a madman. People are constantly saying how they got what kind of plant, but it's somewhat random, judging by the fact that everyone seems to say different things. I'd suggest starting with reeds, since they give themselves when harvested, and then you can add them to another crop. Or flowers, I suppose. Just has to be something which when harvested, can be replanted right away.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• I recall that before you can get Netherwart via IC2 crossbreeding, you need to get Terrawart.

Not true, I haven't discovered terrawart yet and when trying to create a very high quality cyazint flower by crossbreeding with dandelions I somehow acquired netherwart

• I got it from crossbreeding the pumpkin and thy cyanz with I got from watermelon and wheat I think

• Can you plant nether warts if you have them? Because supposedly crossing them with wheat is the best chance to get hops...

I am also trying to get coffee beans to make coffee, but no luck there either. They seem to be very elusive.

• Can you plant nether warts if you have them? Because supposedly crossing them with wheat is the best chance to get hops...

I am also trying to get coffee beans to make coffee, but no luck there either. They seem to be very elusive.

Yeah, you can just plant nether wart on IC2 crops - that's how my crops came about. Far easier than attempting to crossbreed it.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.