Industrial Engineering: Would height make a difference in fighting with mining lasers?

• Say two sides are fighting with IC mining lasers. Normally when fighting, going downhill gives crits. I am willing to guess that even mining lasers don't give crits, the uphill fighters still have the advantage. The downhill fighters would have to jump and leap and stack their way up, reducing the amount of time for shooting. The uphill fighters can simply charge downhill, and wear a cheap pair of rubber boots to negate most of the fall damage. Am I right?

Also, would this apply to fighting while jetpacking? The jetpack doesn't let the user equip a batpack or a lappack. It is hard to aim when jetting up and down randomly, but it is also hard to be hit. I guess you could put hover on, strike with some explosive shots, and un hover and dart out of enemy fire.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• "stack their way up"? It's a mining laser. I'll assume both sides have Lap-Packs.
    anyway: set to long range and blast away.. no need to worry about pesky terrain getting in the way.

• "stack their way up"? It's a mining laser. I'll assume both sides have Lap-Packs.
    anyway: set to long range and blast away.. no need to worry about pesky terrain getting in the way.

I meant putting down blocks to climb the hill with. But yeah, I hadn't really thought about long range mode. However, the laser moves slow enough to be dodged. I was thinking of a mountain-biome combat scenario, in which one of the teams is trying to storm the other position. I do suppose in that kind of scenario you would pull out a nanosaber. Has anyone been in the field and dubbed sniping practical? Because I never really liked the fact that that the long range won't one shot at long range. :P

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• Official Post

If the side on the Mountain, doesnt has mininglaserproof Walls like Obsidian or RF-Stone, then the bottomside has more chances, to hit because its easier to Aim, if there is no Block right in front of your sightrange

:Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: MinecraftChar
    :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Rubber Trampoline: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk:
    MinecraftChar :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk:

The Block (Rubbersheet) is in the view of the Mountainplayer, while shooting downwards, and because the Block is nearer to the Mountainplayer, he has more problems to aim, than the far away Groundplayer.

• If the side on the Mountain, doesnt has mininglaserproof Walls like Obsidian or RF-Stone, then the bottomside has more chances, to hit because its easier to Aim, if there is no Block right in front of your sightrange

:Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: MinecraftChar
    :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Rubber Trampoline: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk:
    MinecraftChar :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk:

The Block (Rubbersheet) is in the view of the Mountainplayer, while shooting downwards, and because the Block is nearer to the Mountainplayer, he has more problems to aim, than the far away Groundplayer.

I haven't thought of that. Interesting.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!