Bug: OV Scanner not recharging

• I've looked around a bit to find this and haven't found anything about it, but when I upgraded to an OV Scanner after draining it looking for ore I could not recharge it.

I tried using a RE Battery in my hand, a batbox, even sticking it in my generator and I could not restart it. It wasn't until I stuck it inside of my Miner and started mining that it actually recharged. I haven't checked against since then however, so I'm not sure if it's still bugged like that.

When I crafted the OV Scanner and began using it I was wearing a batpack,so it might be related to that. Maybe it flagged itself as taking power from my batpack even though it wasn't?

Also, an unrelated note: The Geothermal generator is very laggy, to the point that as soon as I drain all the power from it I will be removing it until the next update.

• You can recharge OD scanner in Batbox, MFE, MFSU. You can recharge OV scanner in MFE, MFSU, not Batbox (advanced tool, afterall).
    OV Scanner getting recharged in Miner? Hm. Strange. Should't it discharge in Miner?
    Geo's works charming for me. What "lagging" exctly in your case?

• Official Post

The miner does charge its tools while it's running, that's intended. They do get discharged as it mines, so it draws additional energy to fill them back up so that you don't have to do it manually. :)

I don't know about the geothermal being laggy (the box I run Minecraft on is pretty beefy), but the constant switching on and off at least is going to be fixed in the next release. Hopefully that's the source of your problems with it.

• The miner does charge its tools while it's running, that's intended. They do get discharged as it mines, so it draws additional energy to fill them back up so that you don't have to do it manually. :)

I don't know about the geothermal being laggy (the box I run Minecraft on is pretty beefy), but the constant switching on and off at least is going to be fixed in the next release. Hopefully that's the source of your problems with it.

Considering I was just running Crysis on max settings two days ago, and then the geotherm starts lagging me in Minecraft today, it is very laggy (yes, I do know that Java does not run efficiently, still though :P) It seems like the constant on/off part is what makes it so laggy to me.

As for the charging, I was thinking RE Batteries would at least charge the OV Scanner, since if I understand right RE Batteries charge pretty much everything else like that.

• Considering I was just running Crysis on max settings two days ago, and then the geotherm starts lagging me in Minecraft today, it is very laggy (yes, I do know that Java does not run efficiently, still though :P) It seems like the constant on/off part is what makes it so laggy to me.

As for the charging, I was thinking RE Batteries would at least charge the OV Scanner, since if I understand right RE Batteries charge pretty much everything else like that.

Well, it's something on your part. Today i used 12 Geothermal generators to fuel up some MFE tests. They was constantly turning on/off, since MFE was constantly close to full capacity. And all that without any serious impact on my avarage rig.

RE-Batteries are like low-tech thing. They do not recharge mining laser, OV scanner, Electronic Jetpack - that "advanced" equipment. Which seems right to me :)