How to decompile IC2 1.97?

• I would like to decompile IC2 1.97 as I am currently updating my mod setup the hard way. I need the IC2 code in order to make the BioGen from Forestry and the Tranformers mod work. I already have Buildcraft 3.2 ready to go. If decompiling is not possible, what are the chances someone else could provide me with the source code? I will not be releasing the source code in any form without permission from all mod authors. I understand the chances may be low due to this being my first post, however I am reasonably good at understanding and editing Java.

• just grab an java decomplier and unzip the jar?

Really, i dont know anything about the java itself (i know more about c and bash) but i found it quite easy decompile is and take a peak on the code.

• That won't quite work, on decompile the E-Net vanishs I have heard. I was hoping for one of the IC2 team members to respond, but thank you for the suggestion.

• Official Post

That won't quite work, on decompile the E-Net vanishs I have heard. I was hoping for one of the IC2 team members to respond, but thank you for the suggestion.

Only the E-net vanishes (E-net-API is still there), everything else works. I have just removed all the Code, which needs the E-net, to get it compiling. After that i got all the needed Stuff running partially (Game starts without Crashing). I wanted to make an Addon too, but after the future Release of Minecraft 1.3 changes the Way of modding completely, and then 1.4, which is probably containing a Mod-API, i'll just wait until that happens, before starting.