Posts by DZCreeper

Got a crash using fastcraft-1.22-ctest22.jar.

http://paste.ee/p/OQoqK

Was connecting to a dedicated server running the same version, immediately after updating both from ctest21.

The actual crash begins on line 8179 and appears to be an issue with Thermal Dynamics server when it is accessing a neighboring block that has changed states.

Will try rolling back FastCraft version.

Edit: Changing client back to ctest21 fixes the issue or at least allows me to play without crashing.

Same error as Alaberti.

http://pastebin.com/hwFVFyky

I was checking to make sure flat bedrock was enabled and in the process I dug through it. The crash happened immediately when I fell below 0 with my F3 screen open.

Once I restarted my client and reopened the world I was below bedrock and the game was working normally, without the F3 screen being open. I flew above bedrock, opened F3 with no crash, closed F3, and then went below bedrock again.

As soon as the F3 screen is opened below 0 it results in the crash.

I am here to further evolve this idea into something cool. Instead of higher tiered overclockers, call them internal circuitry upgrades.

Crafted as such:

:Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Coolant Cell: :Glass Fibre: :Coolant Cell:
    :Glass Fibre: :Electronic Circuit: :Glass Fibre:

Reasoning: Apart from the furnaces all the machines use mechanical force to perform these processes. Therefore these upgrades would not be usable on the electric furnace, because we already have the induction furnace. The plating increases the strength of the machines hulls, allowing the mechanism to exert greater force on the materials within. The coolant cells further enhance the conductivity of the circuits and cables, reducing energy loss. The glass fibre and circuit replace the already existing circuitry inside of the machine, allowing more room for larger mechanical components. Yes, you heard correctly, this is not an item, but a placeable block. It connects to any adjacent IC2 machine, such as a canning machine, extractor, compressor, or macerator.

Suggested Benefits: Speed increase of 100% with the same energy cost, but the effect will not stack. Only one of these blocks will affect a machine at a time.

Oh god, I want a boat that consumes godly amounts of EU and can travel at the same speed as my modular power suit.

RichardG and the Cinderboats author are responsible for any coding aka loss of productivity this may introduce into my day.

*Dives headfirst into pool, finds out it was concrete.

I am running without scrap, so its 1 million EU for a piece of UU, the fastest rate is 1 piece per tick, so 1 million EU a tick it is then. Damnit, now what do I do with the extra 100000 my planned setup will produce?

Edit: My server runs at higher than 20 TPS, because I changed the limit of when Minecraft is supposed to stop trying to reach a higher TPS. So this could result in my panels making slightly more EU per second than expected.

I became very annoyed over the past 3 days. Why you are thinking? RedPower2, thats why.

1. Its laggy and the codebase could likely be improved if Elo would just let other people help here through the use of a slightly more open software agreement.
    2. Its buggy, for the same reason as #1.
    3. So far the bugs include 2 things. Random covers going missing off my tunnel bore. Entire chunks of frames and/or block breakers vanishing.
    4. I know these are bugs because I turned off creeper block damage. I also had not 1, BUT 2 RailCraft anchor carts loaded with 16 pearls at all times using enderchests, located a few blocks apart on the machine. The machines were feed unlimited blutric power, once again using enderchests. The items from the dig head where of course put into my sorting system via, you guessed it, enderchest. The entire machines was less than 9x9x9, so now way did it go outside of the range of the chunk loaders.

At this point I have lost 4 tunnel bores to these bugs, 3 in SMP, 1 in SSP when I got so pissed after losing the first 2 in SMP. I am going to try a Frame Quarry, and if that fails to work, then I will surely as all hell remove RedPower from every MutliMC I have and go on a months long crusade to modify RedPower2 for my own use until it isn't buggy as fuck.

No censoring, I am very annoyed, those machines cost a lot of resources to build.

Me jelly. I lost my old world due to carelessness. Don't mine straight down. I learned that the hard way. Of course I was carrying every piece of IC2 and GregTech stuff I had. I then landed in a cave and breathed a sigh of relieve when I remembered my rubber boots kept away the ladies and fall damage. Then some ass of a spider pushes me into lava, and I could not jetpack to water fast enough. I was so pissed, I just deleted the world and started fresh, not worth it trying to get all my stuff again. (That of course flew into the lava)

You might ask, "WTF Would You Carry All That Stuff On You!". I was moving my base to bedrock, to protect it from my little brother that enjoys nukes.

Short Story: Carry water bucket when moving base to protect from nuke happy family members.

List of Mining Tech in My Current World, its about 1 week old.

1. Wood Pic
    2. Stone Pick
    3.Iron Pic
    4. RedPower2 Gem Pick
    5. ComputerCraft Mining Turtle
    6. 3 Diamond Picks (1.Fortune 2.Silk Touch 3.Unbreaking)
    7. RedPower 2 TBM

#7 is a WIP, as I need some tech first, the list is as follows.

EnderChests for Transport of Batteries and Raw Resources
    Sorting Machines & Tubes for Processing Resources
    IC2 machines for Processing, plus the power needed to run all of these
    Extra Dimensional Barrel Upgrades for Storing 1024 stacks of stuff like copper and tin ingots
    Lots more Blutric Power, as all my current power is used to fuel an automatic stone brick maker, and my tree farm that provides fuel for my turtles.

I play with GregTech with all hard settings enabled, so its rather tough to get stuff like blaze rods, and macerators.

I would say that having 2 or 3 mining turtles digging from layer 16 to layer 5 is much better than mining by hand, even with max fortune enchant. They dig out a 64x64 area each, so I dig out roughly 120k items and blocks per run. Usually nets me about 24 diamonds per turtle, per run. Each run takes about 2 hours, so I get half a stack of diamonds every hour, and the system is totally automated using GPS, when they got low on fuel, they pull out an EnderChest, grab fuel. They dump their items into another EnderChest, which is pulled from using a filter, into barrels and chests. Cobble, and sand are both voided.

I just AFK overnight, I have never gotten this many resources before in a world.

Also, we are not responsible for breaking some POS that was bought at Walmart. MineCraft is fairly resource demanding. If your not using it, go check out Optifine. If you are, make sure your using the latest Java, and 64 bit version if your OS is 64 bit. If that doesn't help enough, I suggest buying a gun, some bullets, then give your old computer a send off. Finally, go buy something that isn't overmarketed or from Walmart, or build your own computer.

P.S. Discrete Graphics card is a must, even if you don't normally play any games, you won't believe the difference a $150 card can make.

P.P.S (POS = Piece of Shit)

P.P.P.S Computers function like humans. The need an air intake, and a second fan for an outlet is good.

P.P.P.P.S Getting tired of these by now? lol

Faster ways to mine? May I introduce RP2 tunnel bores and CC turtles? How about the ever popular IC2 miners? The smallest working fully self sustaining tunnel bore is around 3x3x5 or something really small like that. Then just make the drill head as big as you want until you hit the limit for the amount of power your enderstorage charging system can send in 1 pulse of the redstone, or until the bore hits 1k blocks.The only diamonds required are for the handsaw and drawplate, which are needed for crafting items used in assembling tunnel bore, not maintaining it.

4 hours work for a semi functioning prototype eh? Mind posting some proof, right now all I have is your word which is worthless to me on the internet.

2 - 3 days for an experienced programmer? If anyone knows 1 of those, hook us up. I will personally encourage the whole community to donate enough to pay for a weeks worth of work if what you say is true.