[IC1.97] Quantium Suits Fall Damage are broken in SMP/SSP (4 high and higher) [Video Inside]

• If you fall at a distance of 4 and higher you will take fall damage effect but actually not take damage. TBH, SMP suffered this issue with high TPS and its annoying. I suggest if the user takes no hearts of damage it does not do the fall damage effect because when you are sprinting and running it just derp derp derp derp haha pretty damn bad bug hehe.

So falling just 4 blocks on Quantium/Nano causes fall damage (effect, but not damage) the effect needs to go not to just 8 or 10 but till you actually take damage.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAO8Lq-hFSo

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

Edited 4 times, last by Kane Hart ().

• That's a limitation that would need a Forge hook. The fall damage sound is computed clientside, that's why it's heard first under lag.

Sounds good but why is there an issue now though in SSP/SMP since 1.95?

Sound a silly sugestion, but would be easier, instead of adding code to prevent fall damage the nano/q-boots use the enchantment for it? I am not talking about of making the item able to enchant, i am talking about it be already enchanted with feather falling when you craft it. You would be using a vanilla tool instead your ow code to deal with this issue.

This would not solve the problem?
    (or will create a new one related with the durability?)

• Yeah it makes sense that forge needs hooks but at the same time this seems to be a bit of a kick in the balls to remove the hackish fix. To me they seem almost useless now because 100% of the time you will get the nasty crackling damage. I don't know what kind hooks are around but I would suggest maybe nano/quantium boots have a config option while worn that it absorbs 100% of the dame in fact they turn off fall damage while wearing them unless that can't be a per user option only globally.

• It's very annoying because after taking fall damage you can't jump again for about half a second. Normally I jump from tree to tree while strinting to get through forests. Now I land, keep running but can't jump and just run right off the tree

• Just curious if this is something that can be fixed soon, or if it has to wait on forge or something to fix?

Trying to decide if we suffer the fall damage shake for a short while, or go back to a pre-1.97 version that doesn't have this damage shake if it's going to be an extended bug.

• So I noticed Forge currently has 11 unanswered pull requests, including one by Player which would fix that issue. The bad news is it can't be accepted because Forge is frozen until 1.3.

Right, that's me definitely sticking with IC2 v1.95.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.