[IC1.97] Crops can be trampled on when crouching SSP/SMP [Video Inside]

• So now that 1.97 is out one the first things we tested from the changes is walking on our crops or at least that is what it sounded like. Anyways its now not only impossible to walk on crops without breaking them you can't even crouch on them at all. It will popup any crop with a plant inside it but just the normal none seeded crop seems to be immune and weeds might also.

Suggestion: How does crouching down and turning into a big fat unstable ball actually help one not break their plants. I suggest you take all of that out there is no need and its just more wasted time for you programmers to have to deal and keep fixing overtime.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJorhkzMChg

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• extremely long awaited fix, reported 7 mounth ago and only now going to be fixed (notchstyle btw).

dont disable trampling completely, just disable trampling negative effects on crops (single line of code). (trampling already in vanilla, let it be)
    resistance shoud be moved to collusion power on poison-fire plants and ofc weed resistance.

• extremely long awaited fix, reported 7 mounth ago and only now going to be fixed (notchstyle btw).

dont disable trampling completely, just disable trampling negative effects on crops (single line of code). (trampling already in vanilla, let it be)
    resistance shoud be moved to collusion power on poison-fire plants and ofc weed resistance.

Except that's what was tried twice already. the previous one it worked in SSP but not SMP and now it's just plain broken again.
    Sometimes it's easier just to disable it completely.

• Except that's what was tried twice already. the previous one it worked in SSP but not SMP and now it's just plain broken again.
    Sometimes it's easier just to disable it completely.

I agree there.

• "Disabling it completely" == Vanilla-mechanic.
    We couldn't possibly disable the way vanilla farmland behaves, by removing any crop-trampling, that doesn't mean you wont trample the farmland (which again destroys the crop as well).

You can't trample vanilla crops unless you jump up and down on them. Walking on crops hasn't destroyed them for several versions of Minecraft.

• Official Post

You can't trample vanilla crops unless you jump up and down on them. Walking on crops hasn't destroyed them for several versions of Minecraft.

Didn't object to that, did I?

I merely said if we disable any trampling mechanics within the IC-crop, it will cause them to behave exactly like vanilla farmland, since those will still be subject to trampling and destroy the IC-crops above them upon changing to dirt.

• Didn't object to that, did I?

I merely said if we disable any trampling mechanics within the IC-crop, it will cause them to behave exactly like vanilla farmland, since those will still be subject to trampling and destroy the IC-crops above them upon changing to dirt.

I'm so confused Sir but that is what I don't mind. The crouching this was a bit much but I can live with that though it made no sense but I would rather just have that and I think that was what you were trying to bring into 1.97 allow people walk on them as long as they don't hop on it.

• I also have this problem. Whenever I walk, jump, or even crouch on planted crops, they break to normal dirt blocks dropping just the crop.

This doesn't seem to affect empty crops or crops with naturally grown seeds/weeds.

This DOES happen in SSP, and it HASN'T happened for me in IC2 v. 1.95b.

Is there anyway I can fix this? I wouldn't mind delving into some code or a quick fix.