[MCPC] [IC1.97] Possible Large scale memory leak in 1.97 (Any Server Admins Experience This?)

• I have only updated IC 1.97 recently of course like many I do use the port version but the port version never contains things like memory leaks and such you would have to do something really bad in the porting process. So this is really just aimed to Server admins right now to see if others are experiencing this before we even try to see if its related to IC Port or not. Last few days I wake up and I have it set to 4gigs because with even 20 it never shoots past this. Well I wake up and like 6-7 online (AFK) and the GC running none stop sitting at 4gigs... Something bad is happening haha.

So yo server admins out there you guys having issues?

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I tried doing MCPC, it's not IC2's fault. MCPC tried to kill the server I run... was lagging horribly, and even after rebooting the server (stopping, running again) it went right back to being borked. I went back to a previous copy of the world (backed up thankfully) and haven't had a single problem.

I tried converting the world files over that MCPC was using, but when they got into the vanilla server, the same problem arose. So, it's something frakkin terrible happend because of either Bukkit or MCPC.

Also, post this kind of stuff on MCPC's forum... IC2 is only IC2. They have nothing to do with Bukkit ports to begin with, lol.

• Personally, I thought 16 gigs on a PhenomIIx4 3.4ghz setup would be more than enough, then agin, it said my ram was still below 12% with everything running, so maybe it wasn't a leak that caused the issue I ran into. Either way, I'm back to vanilla, and the only thing I miss is Dynmap, which was epic, and vanilla dosen't seem to have a live map at all :(

• Official Post

"I'm back to vanilla, and the only thing I miss is Dynmap, which was epic, and vanilla dosen't seem to have a live map at all"

We can't do without logblock, a popular server can't. Not sure why more mod authors don't support bukkit more until something else comes out. Glad that some do, including the mcportal guys.

• "I'm back to vanilla, and the only thing I miss is Dynmap, which was epic, and vanilla dosen't seem to have a live map at all"

We can't do without logblock, a popular server can't. Not sure why more mod authors don't support bukkit more until something else comes out. Glad that some do, including the mcportal guys.

because bukkit is a mess, relatively. On the whole there's more bugs with bukkit and mods than vanilla and mods.
    I sorta half wonder what 1.4 is going to be like..

• The ports, even containing fixes, are relatively more unstable, are a set of duct taped hacks, fail to interact with plugins and make vanilla server tools (like my IRCBridge back in 1.8 ) die. For some reason, I see the last point as a pet peeve, probably because I have the wish to make tools for the vanilla server to stand for Bukkit plugins, but there's no audience at all.

• Luatha... nice.
    Killerbees how crowded is your server? I've thought about paying up to get in but with a 1000 by 1000 block limit (1 square kilometer) and so many people I wasn't sure if its worth it. Nevermind. F2P?!?! What about griefers? Also. have we confirmed it was MCPC or Bukkit?

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

Edited once, last by dragonherald ().