Teleporters + Frames do not work

• Official Post

well, to kinda "bump" this thread, i got another idea how this could be realised, probably way easier to implement, but a little less userfriendly i guess:
    when using an unused frequency transmitter on a unlinked teleporter, the teleporter gets an unique ID, which is saved in the transmitter, as well as the last known position. when linking the second teleporter, those data get saved in the second teleporter (duh). and each time you use this teleporter, it will first check if the target teleporter is still at the last known coords (saving same cpu power), else it has to search for the teleporter with the matching ID... ID could be saved as meta-data ("damage value") i guess

Why not adding all the Teleporters to a List (i guess Frames are not destroying the Pointer/Adress of the Block), and then just go by the Listindex, to choose the Teleporter to connect.

My Idea is much easier to code as you think. Its just a List, which points at all Teleporters (Frames do not destroy those Pointers), and you go by the Index (ID) of the Teleporter and then just make TeleporterList[ i ].x, TeleporterList[ i ].y and TeleporterList[ i ].z to get the actual Coords of the Teleporter completely lagfree.

• I hate to bump such an old thread, but I've been seeking teleporter/frame compatibility lately, and wondering if it's still in the works and or planned at all?

[11:59] <RyanRolls> haha assembly table was really fun..the lasers made me feel like I was in some weird star wars thing
    [12:00] <Sasstraliss> This assembly table is FULLY OPERATIONAL
    [12:00] <Sasstraliss> >:L
    [12:00] <@Mead> Fear will keep the local crafting systems in line

• Official Post

I hate to bump such an old thread, but I've been seeking teleporter/frame compatibility lately, and wondering if it's still in the works and or planned at all?

You could have created a new thread called "Suggestion : Teleporter tweak" or something like, but it is fine.
    If it is to improve the teleporter, why not?
    Also it should allow players to teleport players/entities through dimensions, allowing us to have a high-tech "linking book"

• If it is to improve the teleporter, why not?

I know this probably needs another thread, but I've also noted that MFSU's stop receiving EU after being moved by frames. They won't accept more solar power from adjacent panels. Kind of annoying, so the Teleporter MFSU's on my airship don't recharge. Grr. (Although a Quantum Generator will still give MFSU's power after they've moved)

[11:59] <RyanRolls> haha assembly table was really fun..the lasers made me feel like I was in some weird star wars thing

• Official Post

I know this probably needs another thread, but I've also noted that MFSU's stop receiving EU after being moved by frames. They won't accept more solar power from adjacent panels. Kind of annoying, so the Teleporter MFSU's on my airship don't recharge. Grr. (Although a Quantum Generator will still give MFSU's power after they've moved)

You could place solars directly adjacent to the MFSU?

• Solars charge their internal storage fine, and continue to generate and store internal power after being moved on frames, but they won't feed into an MFSU once the MFSU has been moved on frames.

I did this in SSP, and restarting the map fixed that issue.