Dwarf Fortress

• Yes, you read it right, dwarf fortress. Finally decided to check it out, and, gotta say, it's pretty interesting. Any of you guys ever play, and if so, any experiences you want to share . As well, if you could, describe how you learned the game, as well as suggestions for a beginning fortress builder like me :3

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• i was going to try it but then i heard that the latest versions clothing system is bugged (beware your dwarves are going to be self-conscious sissy's who demand constantly perfect clothes and remember losing is fun)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Lol @ sissy dwarves, hmmm... been about a year and I haven't made them any clothes XD they don't seem to mind, I keep plenty of booze around.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)

• apparently the original 7 and immigrants are hardy enough to take it, but keep an eye on your babies they are going to freak its going to start when they turn 2

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Welp, I finally bent to texture pressure. I ended up getting the lazy newb pack for the sole reason of having better textures. I gotta say, it makes the game A LOT more enjoyable, at least for me.

• Dwarf fortress is a fun game.. but i think that people should be able to share their fortress maps.. it gets boring after awhile to build a fortress...
    i like to play the adventurer mode.. it actually is quite fun if you know how to set up your character...
    Check the dwarf fortress wiki for help on your fortress.. but its going to bore the shit out of you to build it...
    also, check the wiki for the character setup too..
    If you really want to have fun, try arena test.. its kinda fun to live in that castle thingy in the bottom-right corner of the map.. (yeah, it sucks. you cant use worlds)
    only thing that sucks about arena test is that you cant use backpacks or quivers..

MinecraftCreeper Overcharged creeper
    :Nuke TNT:
    you didnt notice theres a overcharged creeper behind you....
    BOOM
    and the remains of you and your house is gone....

MinecraftZombieman Chainsaw Pigman
    :Chainsaw:
    Uh. RIGHT BEHIND YOU
    minecraft would be horrible if these two mobs were added. the end.