[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Repulsion Systems

• Download
    Requires IC2 and Immibis Core (which is on the same download page)

Mod spotlight by Edoreld: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuGimZLofas

License is LGPL v3. Source should be included in downloads, unless I broke it.

Core
    To get started with this, you will need a Forcefield Core:

(electrolyzer, MFE, 2 electrolyzed water cells, 2 advanced circuits, 2 advanced alloy, energy modulator)
    The energy modulator is a crafting ingredient made like this:

Connect the core to a source of power. Note that 1 EU = 10 forcepower.

Now you need a projector. There are several types of projectors, and each of them create a differently shaped forcefield.
    There is a cooldown time after activating or deactivating a projector in which it may not be activated or deactivated again, to prevent spam.

Projectors

All of the types of projectors require a projector base, crafted like this:

You "program" it with a pattern by crafting it with reinforced stone.
    The circular diamond thing is a diamond lens:

This is an area projector, which creates either a cube or a sphere centred on the projector.

This is a tube projector. It creates a tube-shaped forcefield, extending in one or both directions from the projector. You can use a wrench to change the direction the projector faces.

This is a plate projector (previously called a deflector). It creates a flat forcefield some distance in front of the projector. Use a wrench to change the direction the projector faces.

This is a line projector (previously called a directional projector).
    By default it can only create a forcefield in a line in front of it, but you can place line projector extenders next to it to make it project a flat forcefield in that direction.
    This is the recipe for an extender:

There's also the "reactor containment field projector" - see the Nuclear Reactors section.

Linking
    Okay, so you've got a forcefield core and a projector of some sort. Now what?
    First, you need to craft a blank card:
    New recipe:

Old recipe:

Then place the card in the forcefield core to code it with that core's frequency. You can remove it immediately.
    Alternatively, simply right click the core with a blank card to encode it.
    Place the coded card in the projector to link the projector to the core (either via the GUI or by right clicking).
    You can then apply a redstone signal to the projector to activate it, if the core has enough power.

Upgrades

All upgrades can be placed diagonally adjacent to projectors - they don't need to have a face touching the projector.

This is a camouflage upgrade. By placing one next to a projector, you can make the forcefield from that projector look like another block.
    Note: Only certain vanilla blocks are currently supported.

This is a block cutter upgrade. By placing one next to a projector, that projector will be able to break blocks if they're in the way of the forcefield.
    Works on all projectors.

This is a dome upgrade. Makes an area or tube projector only create the upper half of its forcefield (a half-sphere, half-cube or half-tube).
    Only works on area and tube projectors.

This is a range upgrade. Allows projectors to be placed further from their linked core. Only works on forcefield cores.

This is a storage upgrade. Allows forcefield cores to store more energy. Only works on forcefield cores.

This is an underwater upgrade. If used on a tube or area projector, water and lava blocks inside the projector will be destroyed when the projector is turned on.
    Only works on tube and area projectors.

This is a zapper upgrade. Makes the forcefield turn red and hurt entities that touch it. It also breaks boats.

This is an inhibitor upgrade. It prevents fields from different cores which are activated after the one with the inhibitor from appearing inside the field it's attached to. Only works on area projectors.

Nuclear Reactors

This is a reactor containment field projector. Place it one block away from a reactor (so there is a one-block gap between the projector and the reactor; it is acceptable to have it touching a chamber), or directly next to a zero-chamber reactor.
    When it gets a redstone signal, it will create a 3x3x3 or 5x5x5 forcefield around the reactor.
    If you manage to get yourself stuck in the forcefield, you can get out by breaking this block.
    In the GUI is an option called "reactorwatercool." If set to true, there will be water inside the forcefield when it is active, for an extra energy cost.
    If the reactor exceeds 75% of its maximum heat, the projector should automatically activate and will destroy blocks in the way of the forcefield, as if you had a block cutter upgrade, to contain any explosion. This is known to work in 1.2.5, but untested with the reactor overhaul in 1.3.2.

This is a reactor connector.
    Place it in the wall of a reactor field, touching the reactor or a chamber, to conduct redstone signals and electricity through the forcefield.
    It is explosionproof.

MFD

This is an MFD. Right click any side of a force field projector to move the field in the direction of that side (For example, click the top to move it down). Shift-click to move in the opposite direction. You cannot move forcefields while they are on.

Fences
    These are from the old mod DeFence.
    Chain link fence:

Chain link fences are indestructible normally, but can be broken instantly with cutters.
    Barbed wire fence: (shapeless)

Barbed wire fences act like webs and cacti - slowing the player down and hurting them.

Code doors are also from DeFence. Either of the following recipes will make one:

Use the GUI to set a 1 to 4 digit access code.
    Anyone who knows the access code can open the door.
    If you didn't place the door, you can't break it, unless it's open or you're in creative.

Industrial tesla coil
    Moved to another post due to length restrictions

Old versions
    rev6 to rev10 (client only)
    rev10.2 including server
    Links to 50.0.2+ (including server)

Old recipes

Forcefield machine textures are by Ivysaur1996.
    ITC textures are by kaj_says.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

Edited 53 times, last by immibis ().

• So this is the original MFFS how we know it from older IC² versions, just updated?

Intel i7 990X @ 4,60 GHZ, Asus Rampage III Black Edition, 24GB Corsair Dominator GT DDR3,
    2x Zotac Nvidia Geforce 580AMP 1,5gb, OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240GB 1GBps,
    1TB Western Digital Cavier Black, 2x Hitachi HDS723030BLE640 3TB, 3x BenQ XL2410T LCD-Monitors

Hosting Minecraft Servers on an Octo Core 32GB Ram Server: http://two66.com/
    Free Space available! If you need a Server let me know!

• I think so, and slightly modified to use immibis' code core.

Yes - also I changed some of the names (can be changed back in the config if it bothers anyone) and made it work in SMP (except the camouflage projector... I should really get around to fixing that)

Edit: Post borrowed to link old versions.

Minecraft 1.2.5
    50.2.5 server client bukkit
    50.2.4 server client bukkit
    50.2.3 server client bukkit
    50.2.2 server client bukkit
    50.2.1 server client bukkit
    50.2.0 server client bukkit
    50.1.1 server client bukkit
    50.1.0 server client bukkit
    50.0.2 server client bukkit
    50.0.1 server client bukkit

Minecraft 1.3.2
    50.2.5 universal
    50.2.4 universal
    50.2.3 universal
    50.2.2 universal
    50.2.1 universal
    50.2.0 universal
    50.1.1 universal
    50.1.0 universal
    50.0.2 universal
    50.0.1 universal

Minecraft 1.4.2
    50.2.5 universal
    50.2.4 universal
    50.2.3 universal
    50.2.2 universal
    50.2.1 universal
    50.2.0 universal

Minecraft 1.4.5
    51.0.3 universal
    51.0.2 universal
    51.0.1 universal
    51.0.0 universal

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

Edited 12 times, last by immibis ().

• Yes - also I changed some of the names (can be changed back in the config if it bothers anyone) and made it work in SMP (except the camouflage projector... I should really get around to fixing that)

Ah, yes. How the old author of this mod named the parts (e.g. projektor) kind of irked me, so good job there. I don't play SMP all too often, but even so, good job on taking up the slack.

• Any chance of implementing something like the "gateways" that are implemented in the original version now?

I'm not saying copy it or anything, just a way through the FF's without using wireless redstone to take down a section would be epic.

Also a shield hardener that doesn't cut blocks would be awesome, maybe modify the damage resistance of FF blocks?

Apart from that, keep up the good work man, this mod is awesome.

• hey, i was wondering if you could help me solve a loading error with this mod?

the error console is below:

and i know there are ALOT of mods. but i was expecting an ID error not this one. all works fine without the core and this mod.

• -__-" Try upgrading Forge to 3.3.8.152:
    http://lexmanos.no-ip.org:8080/job/Forge/152/

What this error is trying to say is that this mod is looking for the Forge version of ModLoader (so is Forestry, but I'm not going to go there). I'm really surprised that you managed to stay back in the past so much and were still able to run those mods.

• -__-" Try upgrading Forge to 3.3.8.152:
    http://lexmanos.no-ip.org:8080/job/Forge/152/

What this error is trying to say is that this mod is looking for the Forge version of ModLoader (so is Forestry, but I'm not going to go there). I'm really surprised that you managed to stay back in the past so much and were still able to run those mods.

i update mods on the same basis as i update my BIOS, only if i have a problem.

and that's solved it. (i really should have thought of that sooner... god i look like an idiot.) thank you very much! :D

• Update Forge. Note you don't need ModLoader any more, so you might need to rebuild the whole jar.

Edit: Post borrowed to attach old clients.

• Revision 5 is almost out... changes:

• Refactored lots of projector-related code. Report any bugs you find.
    • Block-cutter, zapper and camouflage upgrades work on all projectors, except reactor fields.
    • Dome upgrade works on tube projectors, only generating the top half of the field.
    • Camouflage upgrade works in SMP.
    • Changed area projector max height to 255 instead of 127.
    • Quadrupled area projector power consumption; previously the number of force field blocks was estimated incorrectly and accounted for only 1/4 of the blocks.
    • Halved area projector power consumption (stacks with above) if a dome upgrade is present, since there are only half the field blocks.
    • Reactor field can now be placed 1 block away from a 0-chamber reactor.
    • Outline of zapper forcefields fixed when pointing at them
    • Zapper forcefield particles now spawn at random locations, instead of always at the centre of a block.
    • Fixed zapper forcefields not hurting things that jump upwards into them.
    • Zapper forcefields now count as generic damage instead of void damage, so they can't hurt creative players any more
    • Fixed typo causing zapper forcefields to have weird collision boxes.
    • Made force field blocks not made by a projector decay, like leaves, in case you somehow get a field block without a projector.
    • Tube projectors no longer poke holes in other forcefields, as this was buggy and allowed other players to get into forcefield-protected areas.

Discovered the feature that reactor containment fields will automatically activate and get a block cutter upgrade if the reactor exceeds 75% of its maximum heat, ignoring reactor plating.

Bugs discovered - not sure which are new and which are old.

• Projectors sometimes don't visually face the right way when placed in SMP. Reconnecting or placing/destroying a block next to the projector fixes this.
    • Zapper and camouflage upgrades do not work together
    • Some sides of field blocks touching the ground can be darkened. Most noticeable when using camouflage upgrades.
    • If a camouflage upgrade is destroyed, its contents are not dropped.
    • Upgrades normally change their appearance when linked to a projector - in SMP, they might not until a nearby block changes.

Edit: Uploaded, attached to OP.

Battery snot included.

Edited once, last by immibis ().

• Hm, nice work

Tube projectors no longer poke holes in other forcefields, as this was buggy and allowed other players to get into forcefield-protected areas.

No a bug :D a Feature..Tube projectors create poke holes only if the 2 Focefields have the same Generator (Powersource)

Zapper and camouflage upgrades do not work together

was planned Zapper Block have a different META Value so camouflage ...But based on the same block

If a camouflage upgrade is destroyed, its contents are not dropped.

true I've never installed ;)

Discovered the feature that reactor containment fields will automatically activate and get a block cutter upgrade if the reactor exceeds 75% of its maximum heat, ignoring reactor plating.

;( did you have betrayed the easter eggs :D

Edited once, last by Thunderdark ().

• No a bug :D a Feature..Tube projectors create poke holes only if the 2 Focefields have the same Generator (Powersource)

It was buggy, although that might be because of my rewrite, so it's removed for now.

;( did you have betrayed the easter eggs :D

XD... it's an easter egg that could've destroyed expensive stuff though if someone didn't know about it.

Battery snot included.

• On SMP, i left the forcefield online and logged off for the night, in the morning it had destroyed almost all of the blocks where the forcefield was "supposed to be" (and no i didnt put the block breaker upgrade) and made it unable to make a forcefield in the same position

• Removing the tube "holes" means I won't be upgrading...it sort of removes the "modular" nature of the force fields.

Just saying...

It will be coming back in the next version (probably).

Edit: Post borrowed to attach files.

• On SMP, i left the forcefield online and logged off for the night, in the morning it had destroyed almost all of the blocks where the forcefield was "supposed to be" (and no i didnt put the block breaker upgrade) and made it unable to make a forcefield in the same position

Sorry for the late reply - I somehow didn't see that post. That definitely shouldn't happen!
    If it was your server, was there any message in the server console?
    Was there any reason for the force field turning off, like running out of power, or did it just break?
    Which MFFS version?

Unrelated: rev6 probably tomorrow/later today (depending on timezone), with these changes... Anything I've missed?

• Rewrote more code, relating to how data about force field blocks is stored.
    • Block cutter should now properly drop all blocks.
    • Tube projectors can make holes in other force fields linked to the same generator again. The type of force field (and texture, if camouflaged) where the tube intersects the other field will depend on which was activated first.
    • slowGenerate removed. Forcefields always generate instantly.
    • You can now use zapper and camo upgrades on the same projector.
    • Camouflage upgrades should use textures from texture packs.

(edit: finished incomplete sentence)
    (edit: forgot about the texture pack fix)

Battery snot included.

Edited 2 times, last by immibis ().

• This looks really interesting. I'll bookmark it and give it a try... if I don't have horrifying issues with block ids. I'm really piling on the mods and addons.