[Addon v1.97]The Quantum Addon, Updated with Paint Sprayers! (now open-source)

• This looks interesting. I'll bookmark it.

Since you're adding redstone blocks, I can't help but long for bluestone (aka nikolite) blocks. It would be nice if the painter was compatible with indigo dye as well, so I can save my lapis for lapotrons... laser beams... that sort of thing.

Disclaimer:

• You know, I was looking at an old to-do list and one of the items on it was "Add RP2 dye support". . . :facepalm:
    That's going to be a part of the 1.3 update, definitely.

A nikolite block, though. . . I don't have any real interest in doing one. Unlike the dye, that's not registered with the forge ore dictionary, and because there's no RP2 API support (that I'm aware of) working with nikolite would take, IMHO, much more effort than I'm willing to put in, especially compared to what I'm working on now.

OTOH, I'm a big fan of redpower. I never got the point of blutricity, working with it has been a minor distraction at best, but other than that thinking of new uses for block breakers/deployers/frames/the rest of RP goodies has been bucketloads of fun. I stopped using buildcraft pipes ago, the only reason I have that mod installed is because forestry and logistics pipes are too awesome to pass up. Even auto-crafting is something I would dispense with if dropping it meant I didn't have to download 7 additional files every time I update my mods.

• You know, I was looking at an old to-do list and one of the items on it was "Add RP2 dye support". . . :facepalm:
    That's going to be a part of the 1.3 update, definitely.

A nikolite block, though. . . I don't have any real interest in doing one. Unlike the dye, that's not registered with the forge ore dictionary, and because there's no RP2 API support (that I'm aware of) working with nikolite would take, IMHO, much more effort than I'm willing to put in, especially compared to what I'm working on now.

OTOH, I'm a big fan of redpower. I never got the point of blutricity, working with it has been a minor distraction at best, but other than that thinking of new uses for block breakers/deployers/frames/the rest of RP goodies has been bucketloads of fun. I stopped using buildcraft pipes ago, the only reason I have that mod installed is because forestry and logistics pipes are too awesome to pass up. Even auto-crafting is something I would dispense with if dropping it meant I didn't have to download 7 additional files every time I update my mods.

As far as nikolite goes, it's mainly just to have something to do with the heaps of it that I seem to acquire. Its unique colour could make for an interesting decorative block as well. Curiously, would it work to just read the item id from the RP config file in order to set up the recipe? I know essentially nothing about modding, but another fellow did something similar to allow flax seeds to plant a custom crop, iirc. But if it ends up being too troublesome, then no worries.

• I'm on the "decorate ALL the blocks!" boat here, Nikolite storage blocks would be cool. I mean, can't you just pull the id of nikolite from redpower's config?
    Then use that detected id as part of the recipe?

I saw someone else posting such a technique. Avoids any real Redpower stuff in your code. Id Reflection, was it?

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• You know what, I'll look into a nikolite block. The fact that RP2 places its .cfg files in their own folder, and not minecraft's default config folder will complicate things, but I'll look into it as soon as my mod is ported to minecraft 1.3.1

gone -- If 5.5 tin ingots per sprayer is more expensive than I had considered, I'll look into it.