Address MIning Laser Feature Creep

• As I pointed out in this thread , feature creep is making the mining laser annoying to use. My suggested method of addressing it is to keep the default laser, re-stylize it as a 'super' laser gun containing all current and future laser modes, and add three lesser, cheaper laser guns, including the:

- Gimmick Heat Gun -- has super-heat mode only

-Digging Laser -- has mining, horizontal, and low-focus mod only

-Destructive Laser -- has scatter, explosive, and long-range modes only

• I definitely like the idea, except for the heat gun as I never use superheat, have you thought of any crafting recipes? I love the current mining laser recipe as is, perhaps just use a variation with the redstone replaced with something for the digging laser

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I do not see the interest about creating 3 Mining Laser instead of one, the only thing I dislike with Mining Laser is the OverPowered mode, scatter (it's too easy to mine with I think).
    What you suggest COULD be interesting, but useless thinking it would add 2 new items ...

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I do not see the interest about creating 3 Mining Laser instead of one, the only thing I dislike with Mining Laser is the OverPowered mode, scatter (it's too easy to mine with I think).
    What you suggest COULD be interesting, but useless thinking it would add 2 new items ...

Wait, scatter is overpowered? I think scatter is the most useless mode in mining laser.

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• Wait, scatter is overpowered? I think scatter is the most useless mode in mining laser.

Yeah that's my opinion too, just because it does a lot of mining in one shot does not mean it makes the ores easy to pick up, I know, I have tried

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Or just make it so Left Click and Right Click cycle back and forth... Jeez you people love overcomplicating stuff.

My problem is that currently, to switch between horizontal and low-focus modes requires sifting through a list of 7 different modes. . . I'm not sure how well adding a second switch mode button to the laser would improve things.

• My problem is that currently, to switch between horizontal and low-focus modes requires sifting through a list of 7 different modes. . . I'm not sure how well adding a second switch mode button to the laser would improve things.

Not having to go around all the way if you accidentally miss it. And its only 7 clicks for fucks sakes, unless its more than 10-20 modes i don't see any reason for complain you lazy ass.

• Not having to go around all the way if you accidentally miss it. And its only 7 clicks for fucks sakes, unless its more than 10-20 modes i don't see any reason for complain you lazy ass.

I find that when mining, I have to switch between horizontal and low-focus modes so often that the 'only 7 clicks' adds up in the most grating way possible. Though I suppose I hadn't considered the 'not having to go all the away around' factor.