Need help with crossbreeding

• I have this setup (elevated about 100 blocks above bedrock)

the floor is lvl 98
    Could someone please help me figure out what I have wrong?

• Can you state what the problem is? I don't see anything here except an overabundance of weeds, in that case apply weed-ex liberally about once every 1-3 hours on crop blocks with no crops in them

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

You could increase crop height to max (255), keep watching your crops and do not use weed-ex , remove glowstone roof (crops grow faster if they have direct skylight) , move to swamp biome (crops also grow faster if they are in that biome, and grow slower if they are on icy/desert biomes).

• my problem is that no matter what I plant, weeds grow before anything else does, desppite crop-matrons full of fertalizer, hydration cells, and weed-ex, pas well as a constant 32EU/t ( single batbox output). the teleport pipes link to an automatic refilling system (automatically created and stored, manually pumped from below the main farm floor). the whitish blocks that are suspended are cropmatrons, surrounded by marble brick covers (to prevent vertical plant growth)

If it makes a difference, i use a modified version of tekkit instead of just IC2.

• It looks a bit like your Crop-Matron is too high over the plants!?!

Bingo!

Move crop matron down one block.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• And consider this -- the more reeds you have adjacent to each crossbreeder, the less likely it is that you will crossbreed anything but more reeds.

And do your reeds have a ludicrously growth stat? High-growth plants tend to spawn weeds at an alarming pace. (And i'm not sure how necessary it is to remove the glowstone -- those are considered transparent, like glass, so they shouldn't affect sunlight.)

• You are crossbreeding by planting crop blocks on crop blocks right? Because by the look of your setup it seems that weeds are growing 100% of the time, at worst my crops at ground level have gotten weeds 65-70% of the time

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• You need to plant your reeds on the crop-sticks, not on plain ground, in addition then they won't grow higher than the "crop-block" (no need for the covers above).
    Between two crop-planted reeds, put a cross-breading crop-stick (put two regular crop-sticks on one block, that will add horizontal sticks there).
    Given some time, adjacent plants will cross-bread on the prepared block.
    Have in mind that weeds can still grow on the cross-breading crop-sticks, and then spread to other crop-planted plants if left unattended for too long.
    As the crop-sticks need to be put on farmland, you can put water source every 5th block between them (even reeds don't need to be next to water when planted on crop-sticks).

• Upon further inspection from this guy

You need to plant your reeds on the crop-sticks, not on plain ground, in addition then they won't grow higher than the "crop-block" (no need for the covers above).

Are your reeds even on crop sticks?