Crazy Question about Breeders

• I currently have a SUC reactor, well, a design I stumbled into trying to fix the water evaporation problems turned it into a SUC. It's a good reactor, runs well, and, for a nuclear newb like myself, it's good, plug and play. Fill up the chest with ice and put in the cells, turn it on, and forget it, 3 hours later I have another 38 mil EU. Now, could I take this design

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…3=101k1010114010101001019

and reconfigure my current reactor to that and make it a breeder? Or is there more to it? I haven't yet found a good Dummies Guide to Breeders video on Youtube. X( I know heat is apart of the equation but beyond that I know nothing about it. Thanks!

• That's a neutral breeder right there. You have to heat it up to some 9000 heat(by reducing surrounding cooling, ideally) and it'll recharge the depleted cells faster. 9k heat makes the cells recharge 8 times faster than what they would at 0-3k heat which is the thing that makes breeding uranium worthwhile in the first place.

• That's a neutral breeder right there. You have to heat it up to some 9000 heat(by reducing surrounding cooling, ideally) and it'll recharge the depleted cells faster. 9k heat makes the cells recharge 8 times faster than what they would at 0-3k heat which is the thing that makes breeding uranium worthwhile in the first place.

You can't heat up breeder with so many parts to 9k "by reducing surrounding cooling". I think for OP best result will be using SUC breeder. It is not as simple as SUC reactor, because you have to balance coolant supply, but you only have to tune system once.

• You can't heat up breeder with so many parts to 9k "by reducing surrounding cooling". I think for OP best result will be using SUC breeder. It is not as simple as SUC reactor, because you have to balance coolant supply, but you only have to tune system once.

Which, I am guessing, will take building a whole new reactor with a reinforced stone containment room, and the difficult thing is, the server I am on, Enderville mod server, doesn't have the MFF mod nor the thermometer mod so I have no idea on how hot the reactor is getting. :( Why I am looking for a simple design that'll hit that target number with out a lot of complicated fiddling. X(

• This if what you need.

But a two layers of RS is advise.

Cool! Only 2? I learned nuclear engineering with MC Beta 1.8.1 and back then it was a full 4 layers with baffling for the holes needed for the cables and stuff. Though 2 would be easy enough, just have to remember a 7x7 center chamber, not 5x5, to give 3 extra layers of water, the 1 layer of water was the issue I had with my initial reactor design. I chose a Mark 3 that can barely run a cycle with out melting down. X( Thanks dude! :D

• You will be using just one uranium cell and two depleted(I hope), so the explosion(if theres is any) is prety weak.
    Just be quick puting in and out the unarium cell.

And the water always on is cuz you are playing in a server, and lag can come and say "hi" followed by a "boom".

• I did a lot of tests, and reactor with one uranium never explode, if you put at least 12 plates inside. It will still be destroyed when reach maximum temp, of cause.
    And even without plates, it should not breach even one layer, as long as there is at least two cells between wall and reactor (otherwise wall will melt at places before explosion).