Cables/luminators and microblocks compatibility

• I was just wondering if it would be too much hassle to redesign cable and luminator dimensions to work with microblocks. At the moment cables take up a full block space so using microblocks covers doesn't work too well unless you cover your entire floor/wall/ceiling with covers which causes a lot of problems when trying to place other blocks. Also would it be possible to rework luminators (yes I know they are being reworked now) to act like 1/8 sized microblocks? That way maybe we could have a strip of luminators and their cables all in one tidy block row. I've included a jpeg to illustrate the current problem.

• It is not possible to make cables work with microblocks without having IC² dependent on RP. About luminators in the cable's block... If it's possible, I like it! Also, what about glowing cables like IC1-luminators?

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

It is not possible to make cables work with microblocks without having IC² dependent on RP. About luminators in the cable's block... If it's possible, I like it! Also, what about glowing cables like IC1-luminators?

Yeah, I'm not really sure how the code works. It seems the cables are already physically smaller than a full block but you still can't place anything within the same block space. It's a shame really because microblocks are an excellent idea and really add a lot to the game. Perhaps Alblaka could collaborate with Eloraam to incorporate microblocks into IC2? These developers are coming up with some awesome things on their own, imagine what they could do it they worked together!! :D

Perhaps Alblaka could collaborate with Eloraam to incorporate microblocks into IC2?

When the API for RP is released, then this may become a reality... However, as of right now she's highly picky as far as the direction/interaction with her mod is concerned..

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Yeah, I'm not really sure how the code works. It seems the cables are already physically smaller than a full block but you still can't place anything within the same block space. It's a shame really because microblocks are an excellent idea and really add a lot to the game. Perhaps Alblaka could collaborate with Eloraam to incorporate microblocks into IC2? These developers are coming up with some awesome things on their own, imagine what they could do it they worked together!! :D

Read Eloraam's EAQ:

It’s impossible. It’s not a matter of adding cover plates to another block type, but making a block type work inside cover plates. Covers require a huge amount of code, including a lot of custom rendering, and any blocks that use them have to be written, from the ground up, to make use of them. Anything using them would require RedPower Core to function, even if it was possible. So just use the RedPower equivalents.

While it could *possibly* be possible if both Eloraam and Alblaka put a lot of work in it would be hard to implement without making IC2 dependent on RP2, Eloraam has shown she is reluctant to allow other people to work closely with RedPower.