Compact Mk I 1970EU/t bucket CASUC [now with video!]

• Greetings.

I've been messing around for a couple of days on creative trying to get the smallest high-power bucket CASUC... and after like 5 reactors made, I finally got a good one which I believe is one of the smallest (if not the smallest) high-power bucket CASUCs.

Covered:

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqBnBZPVoWQ

It uses IC2, Redpower5, Nuclear Control (just to monitor the reactor) and Iron Chests (optional).

The chests act like "reservoirs", they can be anything (normal chest or any other material if using Iron Chests mod), although the bigger the better. Now you're probably asking why reservoirs? 1) They always have extra coolant if needed. 2) With them, the amount of buckets grabbed by the system is "automated", this means that if for some reason buckets are lost, it will grab just the necessary buckets without overflowing the system (if you put too many buckets it will get stuck). 3) Easy to see if there aren't enough buckets. 4) Easy to add/remove buckets. 5) Prevents heat spikes due to lack of buckets.

The cooling system has 4 deployers, 4 filters to retrieve buckets from the deployers and put in chests, 4 filters to grab them from chests and put into the reactor and 4 more filters to take the empty buckets out of it. So the buckets go deployer > reservoir > reactor > deployer. Also it doesn't use any EU to cool the reactor.

The reactor can complete a full cycle without even getting close to near-meltdown temperatures, outputting 1970EU/t.

If you're interested on a tutorial on how to build this just ask... I can make one.

PS: I'll make a control panel for it somewhen :D

• Lovely! Would be great to see a youtube video when you have the time, of course I could probaby just read the information and look at the pictures and dupe it in my spare time, but cool work man

• Lovely! Would be great to see a youtube video when you have the time, of course I could probaby just read the information and look at the pictures and dupe it in my spare time, but cool work man

Sure :P I'll probably do it tomorrow.

• Im sure I would just need to read your description, but the water refilling part has yet to "come to me" from just the pictures

It's really simple, deployers are aiming towards the center, a 3x3x1 hole, filters pull the buckets from the top of the deployers.
    Just don't steal the design from me :d

• It's really simple, deployers are aiming towards the center, a 3x3x1 hole, filters pull the buckets from the top of the deployers.
    Just don't steal the design from me :d

Define "Steal" cause I would really love to build one of my own! I mean there are other methods, but I would just prefer a more compact one. I mean there's one on youtube thats 100 less Eu/t, but like 7-10 layers high. All credit goes to you man, you're awesome at designing

• Define "Steal" cause I would really love to build one of my own! I mean there are other methods, but I would just prefer a more compact one. I mean there's one on youtube thats 100 less Eu/t, but like 7-10 layers high. All credit goes to you man, you're awesome at designing

Steal = take credit for something you didn't create. Sure you can build it, just don't do that lol :p Also I think you are referring to jppk's reactor.

• Steal = take credit for something you didn't create. Sure you can build it, just don't do that lol :p Also I think you are referring to jppk's reactor.

Oh no doubt I will credit you! I believe credit is needed where credit is due.

• Official Post

How was i able to overlook this Thread 6 hours ago?

But now back to Topic.

Suggestions (including your second Design):
    1. Use Regulators to check, if there are Waterbuckets in your Chests, to stop the Reactor in case of a random lack of Buckets.
    2. Fill every piece of Air, in the 3x3x3-Cube around the Reactorcore, with Water for additional Outsidecoolant.
    3. Use 4 Relays instead of 4 Chests+Filters for maximum compactness and less Timerticks.
    4. Do not use Retrievers, because they cost Blutricity (because if you randomly have no Blutricity then BOOM)
    5. Arrange your Uraniumcells/Buckets like this, to get more EU out of the same amount of Uranium:

:Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Water Cell:
    :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Water Cell:
    :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Water Cell: :Water Cell:
    :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Water Cell: :Water Cell:

• 1) Well, I could do it, but it will make it a bit bigger. Besides of that, the reactor will shutdown if it overheats (reaches 10000 heat), I think redundant systems aren't really necessary here unlike IRL.

2) I have, but it doesn't really make a difference.

3) I can't, cause relays only have 9 inv slots, just not enough.

4) Yeah, that system didn't work anyway, I don't think it's possible to make it any smaller without using retrievers.

5) Thanks, I had tried to get 1970EU/t but didn't work, 1930 was the best I could get with that pattern. With your pattern it is generally cooler, it has some heat spikes but it seems it won't overheat.

Also added some restriction pipes on the bottom so that filters don't stop if the chest they are connected to is full and made a control panel (pic in first post).

• Official Post

1) Well, I could do it, but it will make it a bit bigger. Besides of that, the reactor will shutdown if it overheats (reaches 10000 heat), I think redundant systems aren't really necessary here unlike IRL.

This was just for people, who dont use Nuclear Control.

3) I can't, cause relays only have 9 inv slots, just not enough.

Two Relays per Side enough? :D

Edit: That Controlpanel is so large, that it wont even fit into my compact Controlcenter, if it would be empty.

• Two Relays per Side enough? :D

Would just increase size instead of decreasing it :P

"That Controlpanel is so large, that it wont even fit into my compact Controlcenter, if it would be empty. "

It can be made smaller, it just has that size cause it's on the surface and not against a wall. It simply is 2 levers + 1 timer + monitor and info panel, so you can give it the shape you want. Also you can use just 1 lever to control both reactor and cooling system.

• Whoa I sure did miss alot. I just checked in to see if a video was made but guess not :P Oh well Hope your design modifications are going well