Suggestions: Iridium Reinforced Stone (For one block thick walls for nukers)

• Below i have updated the crafting recipe for the iridium stone block and submitted two additional recipes for the iridium door and the iridium glass.

Iridium reinforced stone

Iridium Reinforced Glass

Iridium Reinforced Door

• how about how long it takes to mine? I mean, with the diamond drill and laser, you cant stop anyone in pvp. Maybe iridium should take awhile.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Official Post

how about how long it takes to mine? I mean, with the diamond drill and laser, you cant stop anyone in pvp. Maybe iridium should take awhile.

Maybe laser only? and you have to use long range or something to break it, so it requires extra energy (and the long range still only breaks the one block).

With a mining drill, it should take at least 10 seconds, maybe 15 to drill out.

• Given that nuclear reactors barring griefers now only blow if you basically let them to, by BOTH making them positive in the first place and THEN leaving them unattended for a fairly long time ... You might just deserve a hole in your base if you can't get your arse around making a few layers of reinforced stone. And if the controller block really HAS a heat kill-switch then it will only be griefers. That can just as well blow you with nukes or steal all your stuff.

Nuclear power should be VERY POWERFUL but also VERY PUNISHING if you fail in operating it; If you make it totally safe it will just be a glorified high-tire generator that requires a bit more than 2 brain cells.

If you REALLY don't want nuke holes on your server ... Ban ppl for improper reactor handling, or why not just disable them outright?

Edit: It's a bit silly how fast you can mine reinforced stone ... I mean, it's not like you move your reactor casings around all day...

Edit2: approve that only way to insta-break it should be long-ranged laser setting