Help with a CASUC breeder

• Can any one give me a hand getting a CASUC breeder heat stable?

The reactor its self is set up like this:

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…8k6vh10i24v9nqfonkfj347wg

the system build is like this:

Key:

Both filters and the deployer are hooked to the same timer set to .5 6 buckets in the deployer.

This should give me 15 blocks of flowing water and 2 buckets/sec water, and that is what the reactor planer tells me is what is needed to run heat stable.

The buckets are moving threw the system and do cool the reactor, however it is not heat stable and overheats in about 2-3 minuets of running.

Any one got any idea what I am doing wrong, and/or have a working build for a similar bucket CASUC breeder. The key futures I am looking for is compactness and at least a 40 cell recharge profit.

Edit: fixed RP link.

Edit 2: changed plans to reflect the new three deployer system.

• Planner link is wrong - you should use "copy url" button there.

As for breeder, i doubt it is possible to make a reliable one with buckets, because there is no guarantee that when reactor ticks, there is a bucket there. Use ice. Ice making, though, is rather energy expensive process, so buckets are better for power reactors.

Also, water require some time to regenerate - 0.8 seconds or so. If you try to collect more often, it will not work.

• Not really a breeder reactor type, but if you wanted balanced heat, this is what I came up with.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…i=1m101010114010101001019

You would need to provide 1 ice per second, 9 water blocks, and you would maintain whatever heat you had it at. This probably doesn't help at all, since I don't use breeders(Uranium is common enough, I think anyways) and I may be making some huge mistake.

• "Not really a breeder reactor type, but if you wanted balanced heat, this is what I came up with."

Thanks R3ven, but I really need a high volume breeder to support my CASUC generator reactor.

"I doubt it is possible to make a reliable one with buckets, because there is no guarantee that when reactor ticks, there is a bucket there"

I don't under stand why that would be, as I have seen generator CASUC that need 9 buckets/sec. It would seem that keeping 2 buckets/sec in a reactor would be trivial by comparison. Unless I am failing to understand something.

"Also, water require some time to regenerate - 0.8 seconds or so. If you try to collect more often, it will not work."

That's a good points, I'll try using 3 deployers at 1.5 to fill a chest this should generate 2 bucket a sec into the chest while avoiding the water regenerate limitations.

• Thanks R3ven, but I really need a high volume breeder to support my CASUC generator reactor.

What I meant was, I'm not experienced in breeder reactors. I'm assuming that once you raise it up to over 9000 heat, that setup should be good afaik.