Opinions on EE with other mods

• Apparently pre-alpha EE3 is compile-able right now, although it doesn't appear to do much, if anything at all.

True dat. :!:

:Glass Fibre: makes the world go 'round.
    Oh, did I say the world? I meant EU.

Need cheap, sustainable, energy? Answer: Superfuel. LOTS of superfuel.
    --Chicken approved! MinecraftChicken <-- "Get the f*** away from my coal."

And if it wasn't obvious enough, my IGN is PotatOS55. :Matter:

• EE2 is actually very, very much balanced. extremely balanced.

but ic2 isn't balanced.

that's because ic2 isn't based on the existing balance of vanilla resources- it's based on supply and demand of materials, which, make it perfectly suitable for itself and other mods that aren't about transmutation- any changes in ores will just make it more or less in demand, which will affect balance a lot less than EE style balance.

that's why, for example, redpower has only one true exploit in the form of alloy furnace- it allows some form of transmutations, and those require absolute balance that's not part of other mods. EE is the most extreme case, as it has a much higher gain by transmutations than ic2 processes. basically, combining it with ic2 is pretty much breaking the game in a spectacular manner. not any specific mod fault, just really different directions, and one is more powerful on it's own (but still balanced with itself).

but ic2 isn't balanced.

Think of it this way, one mod allows you to sit still for hours on end in your basement, feeding a machine with a lot of other machines while machines do all the work for you, producing a magical substance that can be used to make pretty much anything in Minecraft, the other is Industrialcraft.

Industrialcraft is extremely balanced because not only is it fine to be combined with other mods, it is practically meant to be played that way.

EE is not (in my opinion) by any extension of the word meant to be combined with other mods, therefore which one is the less balanced of the two? While EE is, in your opinion and to some extent mine, balanced within itself, Industrialcraft manages balance with both itself and other mods as well leading me to believe that EE is the less balanced of the two.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

but ic2 isn't balanced.

HAHAHAHA.. that has to be the most fanboy inspired comment i've ever seen. IC2 is quite well balanced against other mods. EE2 spits in the face of other mods and has it's own idea of "balance" that completely breaks the balance of other mods.

• i didn't mean IC2 is broken or even unfair, what i meant was that it uses a completely different balance compare to vanilla minecraft.

which isn't even a problem, because ic2 based economy runs on supply and demand- changes in ores value and distribution won't break the game, or even hurt it a little bit

which means it runs well with other mods because they only shift supply or demand and not breaking it.

EE2 require its own absolute balance, and is nigh-unusable with other mods- any minor change will break EE2.

this is a point for industrial craft, not EE2.

• ^ That sounds something like the conclusion I came to a while ago: once EE is in your set of installed mods, you are no longer playing Minecraft with some mods, you're playing Equivalent Exchange.