Nuclear explosion bug?

• I had left my casuc breeder off with only reactor plating and depleted uranium cells in it. It had ZERO uranium cells in it. It was like that for multiple days with no problems. Today I heard an explosion and saw the reactor gone with the items that were in it on the ground. I cant think of any reason it would of exploded without uranium cells in it. Does anyone have an idea or is this just some kind of bug? This was on an SMP server as well.

• You'd have to have quite a few of those in the reactor to make it go pop unless you surrounded the reactor with stone or something like that.

Given that it happened on an SMP server, perhaps somebody else on the server decided it would be fun to put some U cells in it?

• It's ina worldguarded plot that only I have access to. If a nearly depleted generates 1 heat every reactor tick. Then it would eventually meltdown wouldn't it?

• Official Post

It's ina worldguarded plot that only I have access to. If a nearly depleted generates 1 heat every reactor tick. Then it would eventually meltdown wouldn't it?

Usually not, since Reactors have at the very least 1 cooling per second, usually along the lines of 20.
    Of course, if you had a dozen depleted cells in there... possible.

• Well, I believe it was probably only 1. The six uranium I originally had in there to breed ran out so the most there could of possibly been was six near-depleted. I guess it must be some kind of bug :3

• Reactor do not need uranium to explode. Place empty reactor, put 6 lava buckets in at once - boom.

I can attest to that myself. I blew Quadrant 2 (the #2 unit in my world) heating it up with buckets. I had only cooling elements in it outside of the buckets.

A Rock Raider trained as an Engineer, among other things.