[Addon Idea] Zeream's Advanced Science Addon for IC2

• I do like that, actually. Its very similar to how it was back in that Rock Raiders game, too. The problem is I have NO idea how to even start making multi-block entities like that, but I guess I'll learn. Its getting to the point where this mod might need multiple coders. I am just a beginner, if even that, and a lot of this is beyond me as to where to even start to code. I don't even know if its possible to connect energynet wires and buildcraft pipes to entities, but maybe a platform that the entity sits on.

I don't suppose anybody knows any shells that make mod making easier so I don't have to painstakingly directly code everything?

He who loves not wine, women, and music remains a fool his whole life long!
    - Amane from Rolling Contact

• So you cant get a net energy gain with the fusion reactor if i understood it correctly? Then why build it?

Its a breeder reactor for heavy metals and a gambler machine for high EU in the long run. Eventually I'll implement iron, tin, and gold along with uranium produced in the process. So its less of an EU machine and more of a materials machine. Real fusion reactors have little to no energy return, so I felt I should do the same here. And make my own unique version of a fusion reactor in the process. If you want an EU fusion reactor, go see Greg's model. Mine is a heavy metal machine like an old star.

Its also a way to get EU back for other processes in the mod, but that's not the reason its implemented.

• Do you need help with the codes? I'm about to start a mod of my own, and could use the experience. I'm intermediate in java, and would not fail you!

I can show you some old source codes if you like, to prove I'm not lieing to you!

• Perhaps. I already have recruited a few programmers from around my college. Once we get some of our code going you can join in. Be prepared for numerous email updates, so go ahead and shoot me your email in a PM.

• Its a breeder reactor for heavy metals and a gambler machine for high EU in the long run. Eventually I'll implement iron, tin, and gold along with uranium produced in the process. So its less of an EU machine and more of a materials machine. Real fusion reactors have little to no energy return, so I felt I should do the same here. And make my own unique version of a fusion reactor in the process. If you want an EU fusion reactor, go see Greg's model. Mine is a heavy metal machine like an old star.

Its also a way to get EU back for other processes in the mod, but that's not the reason its implemented.

Sounds cool

• Still open for suggestions from anybody!

• As a sugestion. Im fairly certain that putting raw Uranium into a Compressor gets you Refined Uranium, so i recon it would be a good idea to find a way of disabling that recepie and replace it with a recepie that is harder to get Refined Uranium but also make it more interesting. You could also apply this idea to Uranium Cells.

• well how about, adding your own "pipe"(keep in mind, that liquid pipes and Rubber "die" in those deep themperatures), to transport the liquid oxigen to the gens.

- snip
    And you wanna keep this with Buildcraft in mind, everything you could do with BC pipes you can almost do with RP tubes, and those are way more efficient then Buildcraft pipe systems.
    - snip

• Is this dead? I'm not asking for a release date, I just want to now. It looks really promising but I can't tell you to make it or so, I just want information.

I sent you the new textures via PM, it seems like you didn't notice. I'm really sorry for the long delay!

Live long and prosper!

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• No, its not dead, its just college has taken over my life right now. Considering the scope of this mod, my unfamiliarity with minecraft code, and my workload, don't expect to see this mod anytime soon. Suggestions might as well be closed for now until I can get everything together. You can expect something after winter break, because that's the only foreseeable time I'll have the freetime to get this done.

• Just ask for the thread to be moved to the recently created "Addon Discussion" since you practically have only air on this, that way discussions or suggestion on this can continue if you want to. Once you have made something playable you can make a new thread with the addon itself.