How Quantum Physics prevents 100% accurate future prediction

• I was in the shower yesterday, when I thought:

Hang on; If you had an ultracomputer, scanned every particle in the universe, and simulated it at x2 speed, couldn't you predict the future?

Later on, I was watching a documentary about Quantum physics, and that says that anything can happen at subatomic scale for no apparent reason. crucially, THIS CAN NOT BE PREDICTED. Therefore, you only have about a 99% accuracy, and that's all that matters. For example, you could say that the sun will rise tomorrow. It might simply disappear altogether for no apparent reason. Or that stepping into an acid pool will kill you. again, a Quantum Coincidence (Yay, I coined a term!) might occur and the acid might turn into water. OK, hold on, let me start again...

A 100% accurate future prediction is impossible, since seeing the future 100% accurately would result in the future being changed. This is not possible. It is a paradox. Put it this way;

say the machine predicted your death. You would take action against that and the machine would be wrong. But it cannot be.

Now, say the machine predicted you would take action. You would be complacent, not bothering to take action since the smachine says you will live.

This is like the doctor paradox. If you go to the doctor, you will get well. But, since it was predicted you would get well, why bother?

Conclusion: 100% accurate time prediction is impossible.

Conclusion: 99.9999999999999999% accurate prediction is possible.

Conclusion: The Human Brain can create paradoxes.

Therefore: The Human Brain is a Quantum Engine

Therefore: Paradox resolved

• There are also few more problems with predicting everything. First of all this type of machine would have to predict itself. If it would need googol of bits to describe whole universe without this machine, than this machine would need 2 googols of bits of information, to predict universe with this machine and its prediction. But this is veeery theoretical discussion. I saw, as a proof of concept and processing power, quite accurate simulation of defects propagation in crystal modeled as 1000x1000x1000 atoms cube (IIRC it took few weeks for some super computer, which modeled about 0,1 milisecond).

Modelling on such scale, to predict someone's death, with current speed (and acceleration) of science, specially algorithmics and electronics would be impossible for at least 500 years (I'd say it is impossible, but time often verifies such statements negatively, I hope that this 500 years is my overestimation). Modelling just human brain and eliminating "dangerous units" would be a lot easier. The easiest could be to just have well functioning cast system with e.g. Alphas, Betas and Gammas, correct division of responsibilities with a little bit help from medicine. Hopefully we can for as long as possible look into future scientific development with hope, not fear.

• well yes, but crucially, there is no law of physics that prevents this, and therefore, if there is no law of physics to prevent this, it must be regarded a "possible". Remember, this is a strictly theoretical argument!

• Let's say you have that ultracomputer with unlimited computation power. In that case, you coud calculate, let's say, the 10^10^10^10^10^10^ most probable scenarios and could effectively predict the future, but there would be a chance that what happens wasn't calulated. Also, you couldn't be sure what exactly would happen, you just know some possibilities.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• There are also few more problems with predicting everything. First of all this type of machine would have to predict itself. If it would need googol of bits to describe whole universe without this machine, than this machine would need 2 googols of bits of information, to predict universe with this machine and its prediction.

...but then, it would need 3. And therefore, it'd need 4. And so on.

Please, correct my English.

Let's say you have that ultracomputer with unlimited computation power. In that case, you coud calculate, let's say, the 10^10^10^10^10^10^ most probable scenarios and could effectively predict the future, but there would be a chance that what happens wasn't calulated. Also, you couldn't be sure what exactly would happen, you just know some possibilities.

Precisely!