[1.106] Reactor Components Summary

• Still a ton more expensive than just making a reactor that keeps going forever without needing anything.

• I hate replacing hundreds of components every cycle. So i came up with this mark-1 design. You can put any cells in the middle and the cooling cells and anything cools itself off. Only thing is that it might have a bit low EU output. Can someone help? (no condensors please i hate to mend them)
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…udc1ho0enydrmj5ro9s7b42dc

-Edit by the way its quite cheap you use up a bit of starting materials but you don't need to replace them (yea 4 diamonds, 200 copper, 137 iron, 52 tin, 16 gold, 31 rubber, 16 redstone and thats it. You only need to replace the uranium cells. Pretty good for me

• I hate replacing hundreds of components every cycle. So i came up with this mark-1 design. You can put any cells in the middle and the cooling cells and anything cools itself off. Only thing is that it might have a bit low EU output. Can someone help? (no condensors please i hate to mend them)

-Edit by the way its quite cheap you use up a bit of starting materials but you don't need to replace them (yea 4 diamonds, 200 copper, 137 iron, 52 tin, 16 gold, 31 rubber, 16 redstone and thats it. You only need to replace the uranium cells. Pretty good for me

Compared to what I have been using, that is good for power and on par for cost, and lacking in breeding. Compared to what I will be using, that is on par of power, good for cost, but is still lacking in the breeding department.

Here is a "lossy" breeder version. http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…u38tsf0aew02d2pavl0hlmeio

A Rock Raider trained as an Engineer, among other things.

This should safe you alot of work:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…enyk3kxgmq8zpi7cwmqqueygw

92 copper
    14 tin
    72 iron
    8 gold
    and NO diamonds :)

• *facepalm* i've been over'complicating things... same eu output but lot of resources saved (yea 2 chambers). Time to make a mark 1 with 2 quad uranium cell for more EU!!!

• Totally agree.

In fact, I just made a successful version of this type of reactor. Problem is, with the current "bug" where quad uranium cells burn up 4X as fast, we only get about 75% efficiency.

I made a thread where I explain my reactor here.

• Totally agree.

In fact, I just made a successful version of this type of reactor. Problem is, with the current "bug" where quad uranium cells burn up 4X as fast, we only get about 75% efficiency.

I made a thread where I explain my reactor here.

Still how is it better than a simple mark 1 reactor that requires no maintenance at all?

• Still how is it better than a simple mark 1 reactor that requires no maintenance at all?

Because sometimes... All you want to do is build the biggest possible reactor.

sometimes the challenge is not for the most practical, but to be getting 4000+ EU/t out of one reactor.

• I still don't understand why the Advanced Heat Vent is so crappy compared to the Overclocked Heat Vent.
    With the material costs of the Advanced Heat Vent... it should really dissipate a lot more heat than just 12.

Maybe it was a typo in the code?

If for example, the Advanced Heat Vent could dissipate let's say 72 heat... but it still had a 0 core transfer.
    That would lead to designs where Reactor Heat Exchangers are used to pull heat out of the reactor at 72 units... and then that heat has to be transferred to the Advanced Heat Vents via Component Heat Exchangers. So 1 Reactor Heat Exchanger (pulls 72 heat) would be paired with 2 Component Heat Exchangers (side transfer of 36 heat each) and 1 Advanced Heat Exchanger (dissipates 72 heat). So 4 squares could dissipate 72 heat. Right now I think the best you can do in 4 squares is 60 80 heat dissipated with 4 Overclocked Heat Vents. So that's an improvement of 12 heat, or +3 heat dissipated per square used. So overall it still seems like a pretty puny improvement even at 72 heat dissipation. So that's actually a loss of 8 heat dissipated when using a 2x2 setup and if the Advanced Heat Vent had 72 heat dissipation.

As it stands now, there are pretty much 0 useful reactor designs using Reactor Heat Exchangers and Advanced Heat Exchangers. I thought this new redesign was supposed to provide lots of different options instead of a small handful of cookie cutter approaches... but we sure seem to have an awful lot of similar sized nuclear cookies the way things stand now.

• as i would aggree to advanced heat vents and exchanger are underpowered.
    but 72 are way to much that would make everything else not worth anthing.
    something around 16-24 would be ok
    maybe make it cheaper so it would only use a half diamond

Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

[b][i][u][url=' [url='http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7745']HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)

• as i would aggree to advanced heat vents and exchanger are underpowered.
    but 72 are way to much that would make everything else not worth anthing.
    something around 16-24 would be ok
    maybe make it cheaper so it would only use a half diamond

Did you even look at my example? I actually calculated things wrong... a 2x2 arrangement of Overclocked Heat Vents actually cools 80! So a value of 72 for an Advanced Heat Vent might still not be enough to make it useful at all.

Edit: What you seem to be forgetting is that the Advanced Heat Vent has NO Core Transfer rating. That means at a MINIMUM you need 1 additional component to put heat into it, unless you sit it next to a uranium cell. What makes the Overclocked Heat Vent so much more powerful is that it has a built-in Core Transfer. You don't need another component to put heat into it.

Edit2: Also keep in mind that the Reactor Heat Exchanger is ALREADY coded to have a 72 Core Transfer rating.

• did you realised that the OCed Heat vent will melt itself if there is enough heat in the reaktor?

so you will need some more modules to get the 16 heat that it is taking from the Hull to some otherplace.
    also i made a cooling modul that has 80 cooling and wont burn itself but you need 2*4 square for it.
    72 cooling would just be overkill i made a fast design using 4 OCvents and 1 Advanced Vents+4 Advanced heatvents.
    after my Calculations it would cool about 156 Heat on a 3*3 square.
    72 is to much maybe even 36 .

Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

[b][i][u][url=' [url='http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7745']HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)

• Of course it will melt, but that's not the point. The point is that for raw cooling factor, the Overclocked Heat Vent is already so far above and beyond what the Advanced Heat Vent is or could be even at 72 cooling. Your 2*4 design could replace the Advanced Heat Vent with a regular Heat Vent and only lose 6 cooling. Is 6 cooling really worth 1 diamond? Considering 2 gold get you 20 total cooling, 1 diamond should get you more.

There's really not much use for the Advanced Heat Vent with only 12 cooling. I still believe that it would need to be changed to have MORE cooling than 20 at a bare minimum... especially since it has 0 Core Transfer. Since the Reactor Heat Exchanger has a Core Transfer of 72 it seems logical to make the Advanced Heat Vent also have a cooling amount of 72.

People can still use the Overclocked Heat Vent for more compact models... but the Advanced Heat Vent would require more space to use because not only do you have to add a component to extract heat from the reactor, but also a component to transfer it into the Advanced Heat Vent. The increased number of components required to use the Advanced Heat Vent to it's fullest if it had its cooling factor increased would help offset the more compactness of the Overclocked Heat Vent.

Edit: It would be cool if the reactor planner had a config option somewhere in order to change the values of the various components so I could see what sort of designs I could create using a better Advanced Heat Vent. Plus the material cost problem with Overclocked Heat Vents that I reported still hasn't been fixed.

• yes i aggree with you but
    still 72 cooling will make them op and the OCed obsolete, you cant realy control OCed vents without 1-2 Heat exchangers nearby.
    considering that 72 would be the double the cooling a OCed can do (5 components)
    the Advanced Heat Vent should only do 50 Cooling, that is way more than the OCed
    maybe even half the diamon cost.

also the Advanced Heat Exchangers is also obsolete,
    if it would get a buff to 40 Heat exchange and 15-20 Core exchange it would find a use in reactor designs.

also you can calc the cooling rates for your reactor yourself.
    the pc isnt doing blackmagic to calc the heat.