New to IC2 N

• Ok so I am new to this whole IC2 deal but like the concept. My current problem is when I go into the game, I design an iron furnace but when I click on it to move it to my inventory, it slaps back into the craft box and wont let me move it. This happens with any recipe. Have I done something wrong with the modding?

• How did you install it, and is it SSP or SMP?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I believe i installed it as SMP as my server runs it fine as far as I can tell. I did the crafting in the server when I was using it getting this issue. Whatever the client side instructions are is how i installed it for the client. I followed the server instructions shortly after and got it on the server as I previously discussed.

• Is it possible there are conflicting block id's from other mods on the server?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Is it working now? On servers I have played on, when this problem happened, a simple restart was enough to make it work again for some reason

• Restarting now

Edit:

Same results. When I click the created recipe it acts as if i was going to move it but immediately snaps back into the craft slot.

• Look at the IC2 config file for the server. Look at what the block ID is for the iron furnace.
    Then look at the client IC2 config file, see if the Iron furnace has the same ID.

The Item IDs need to match.

• Official Post

If you can't 'pull' the crafting output from a mod-recipe, it's a 90% sure indicator for the server NOT running the mod (properly).
    (and in the other 10% it's an id-missmatch)

Did you correctly install Forge's server version and IC's sever version? (Assuming you're running a 1.2.5 MC version or earlier)

• The server itself is not installed correctly would be my assumption. Getting all of these files together has become a very large task for me. I am not sure what to install as information is bountiful but to me contradicting at the same time. I se eI need forge for the server and based on your post, I need a forge server version? I am on 1.3.2 currently. Any straight line answer from start to finish as to what I need to do without all the confusion would be greatly appreciated. This is my first attempt at a major mod as I ran a bukkit server prior to this and understood that with no issue. Your post in the other section for client and server was helpful but again, some things are taken as already known and I'm not quite there yet with all of you guys :(

• As of 1.3.2, mods are universal in that they can be used on both servers and clients, I'll try my best to make step by step instructions for a proper install.

1. Acquire minecraft server.jar
    2. Place that in a folder, probably on your desktop
    3. Open the server.jar in Winrar
    4. Drop in the files from Forge Universal's latest version
    5. Start the server
    6. When the server is finished with installing the files to the folder close it
    7. Drop the mods you want on the server into the newly created mods folder
    8. Start the server

I hope this helps!

• seems easy enough, I will have another go at it, I don't like to give up on these things.

Ok, got it installed. So all people wanting to play on the server will need the sourceforge installed as well as the mod for IC2 on their clients now correct?

• Yes, people that want to play on your server simply do the same thing you did, they take Forge Universal and put it in minecraft.jar, run it, and then drop the mods on the server into their mods folders.

• If the world was vanilla, chunks that you have already been in/loaded will not have any IC2 or other mod ores in them