[IC² 1.118][Universal] ChargePads v2.8.0 (build 93)

• The tier 3 charger should be substantially faster... or accept overclocker upgrades or somesuch. Currently charging a full quantum suit takes ages.

• The tier 3 charger should be substantially faster... or accept overclocker upgrades or somesuch. Currently charging a full quantum suit takes ages.

If you watched the video its planned in the near future to add more overclockers. The tip is you can put 4 charging pads together.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• i'm glad that higher tiers pads are not dependant from lower tiers... this way i haven't to spend 4 circuit, a batbox and an MFE for nothing (as the pad storage won't conserve storage capacity, loosing a total of 640.000EU storage)

• Or if you do decide not to use lower tiers in the craft add the ability to craft them back in to their storage unit

• Currently working on an update that includes upgrade options for the LV and MV pads.

If you have a static or crystalizor pad in item form (unplaced), you'll be able to "upgrade" them via a shapeless recipe. If the pads are already placed, you'll be able to improve them by clicking the upgrade item on the pad and they'll not lose their stored energy -- with associated risks, if the pad happens to be running at the time (and an associated config option for wusses).

Additionally, the in-place upgrade will only work by clicking on the underside - think of it as upgrading the pad via its power-access panel. Yes, there will be a config option to turn this restriction off. :P

The upgrades themselves require materials that keep in line with batbox-to-MFE and MFE-to-MFSU upgrades, materials that the higher-tier pads require (beyond just the storage unit) and a little bit extra to make the "upgrade" feature more realistic.

ETA: Soon™ :P

• hey just got your mod installed (latest version as of this post)

first lemme say i really like the idea / texture, but

i can't seem to destroy them, as
    left clicking seems to also open the gui

thanks

• hey just got your mod installed (latest version as of this post)

first lemme say i really like the idea / texture, but

i can't seem to destroy them, as
    left clicking seems to also open the gui

Came across both of those bugs myself, tonight, while updating stuff. They only happen with more recent versions of forge but it's fixed in my working version - forge fixed the way some of the click handling worked. Heh! :>

Thanks for the report. :) New version Really Soon™... ;P

• New version released: v1.1.0.21 :)

i'm glad that higher tiers pads are not dependant from lower tiers... this way i haven't to spend 4 circuit, a batbox and an MFE for nothing (as the pad storage won't conserve storage capacity, loosing a total of 640.000EU storage)

Or if you do decide not to use lower tiers in the craft add the ability to craft them back in to their storage unit

i can't seem to destroy them

You can now upgrade existing Pads either via a shapeless recipe (for unplaced pads) or by using the upgrade kits directly on the pads' power access panels! (i.e. underneath them).

New recipes are in the first post and see the Q&A spoiler or README file (in the zip) for a couple of extra config options (and dangers ;)) related to the new changes.

Enjoy! :D

• Quite a nice addon :P I had dreams about it, since one time I had to recharge my Q suit, 4 lappacks and all tools :D
    I wonder, if you can make these blocks a multiblock-type, so they check for attached pads and share energy between eachother but for increased EU\t passive consumption. Could be even more usefull to make a charging floor. Another thing is to make them paintable-nifty pads.
    Well, thanks for awesome stuff :rolleyes:

• I wonder, if you can make these blocks a multiblock-type, so they check for attached pads and share energy between eachother but for increased EU\t passive consumption. Could be even more usefull to make a charging floor.

Would take a significant overhaul but it's a cool idea. Not like people aren't making charging floors with pad-banks already! ;D

Another thing is to make them paintable-nifty pads.

Hrm... not very feasible, I'm afraid. :( Would require a massive rewrite (due to the pads sharing a single block ID).

Well, thanks for awesome stuff :rolleyes:

Glad you're enjoying it. ;)

• Would take a significant overhaul but it's a cool idea. Not like people aren't making charging floors with pad-banks already! ;D

Making each panel check for adj. panel would lag like hell, that won't do any good - I advice to make things soo much easier and to make special "control" panel for such checking job - and reacting to adj. block update (so, to make it check blocks).
    Something like a panel, which checks 3x3x1 or 5x5x1 space (different tiers?) around for charging pads, then (if any found) checks if this pad is attached to our panel\structure and then checks, if structure is correct (control panel in the middle), then it makes structure complete (turns into one huge panel maybe? in long perspective, could be a challenge :D man, so railcraftish >.>)
    I wonder, if it is easier to code things like control panel is made to ask connected blocks if they are pads, if yes - these pads ask nearby blocks and etc, until max structure size.
    Have almost no programming and grammar skilz - still suggesting tons of stuff, that's what I do :D
    As I see it, player would put some panels and then connect them to e-net, so they actually do some lag, as pads are passive EU eaters, and in large numbers they CAN do some real lagging. Don't get this post over-serious, it is more likely to satisfy my own need to share ideas xD

• Love this addon, great job fella :D

I cant wait for the chance to put in overclockers etc, cause it was painfully slow atm, having 4 pads worked, but 40 odd diamonds to get that is a hefty price :P

Looking forward to what you might do to this later on :)

• Love this addon, great job fella :D

I cant wait for the chance to put in overclockers etc, cause it was painfully slow atm, having 4 pads worked, but 40 odd diamonds to get that is a hefty price :P

Cheers. :) To say I'm looking forward to the upgrades, myself, is an understatement! xD
    The upgrade kits (especially the in-place feature) were just too fun an immediate challenge to pass up, though. :)

Looking forward to what you might do to this later on :)

Got quite the to-do list, already. :> NEI integration and IC2 slot upgrades are next up (not sure what order ¬_¬).

• Got quite the to-do list, already. :> NEI integration and IC2 slot upgrades are next up (not sure what order ¬_¬).

Im quite passionate about the overclockers, but thats just me :P

what will NEI integration mean, that it pops up in nei? :o

• I received an error after placing this in the mods folder. Have the recommended Forge 4.1.1 and 1.1.06
    Error:

• I received an error after placing this in the mods folder. Have the recommended Forge 4.1.1 and 1.1.06
    Error:

That old a 'recommended' forge doesn't have some of the methods required to run CP, I'm afraid.

As stated in the "Installation" spoiler in my main post, you'll need Forge-263 (link) or higher.