[IC² 1.118][Universal] ChargePads v2.8.0 (build 93)

• Sounds great Myrathi!

If you want to have it tested on a server, I have a private server with 75 mods, all cutting edge versions, with roughly 10 people on. We'll be happy to let you on the server to do a real-life test of the SMP version. Shoot me a PM if you're interested. We have TeamSpeak and the Minecraft server is on a 40/40Mbit European fiber connection (this is the only server running on that connection, mind you).

Regards,
    ShamblerDK

• Well, I can confirm rolling back to 112_187 works fine as does build 205. Haven't tried the latest 1.113 build yet as the previous one I was working with liked to crash the server when it needed to interact with BC pipes :/

Not really feeling brave enough yet to see if they fixed that yet :p

And you're welcome Myrathi, I know how bad it looks to see the full stack trace in the post. And being a Java guy by day anyway, I see enough of them to know what the whole thing is :D

Also, glad to know you were finally able to reproduce and work on a fix.

Thanks for working on this great mod and I'm really looking forward to your EV pads now :)

• Build #64 is the update for Minecraft v1.4.7 and IC² v1.115. You'll need forge 489+ but it'll work just fine with the latest forge (518 as of this post).

This build fixes the IC² tick crash on startup with 1.115 (only seen when upgrades were installed in pads on startup) and adds half a dozen new emitter upgrades for you all to play with (you can thank DireWolf20 for the field expander! ;D)

Thanks to HanFox for pointing out Sphax issues, ahead of time, and to BlackNocturne and ShamblerDK for prompt help in testing the tick fixes in SMP. ;)

Enjoy!

• Hello!
    Just dropping in to say that IC2 Chargepads is now in The Minecraft Ascension Modpack (TMAM) for Minecraft 1.4.7. The modpack uses a lot of tech mods and overall purpose is to automate systems. If you want to check it out, it's forum page is found here! Thanks to Myrathi for this wonderful Mod!

• Official Post

Try the field expander modules, SpwnX. They stay active while you're within their expanded field area and continue charging items until they fill or you move out of the field.

I see, but i still have to step on the chargepad to start charging.
    With expansion module + permanently active field = charge while at workshop without the need of stepping on the pad once. Its EU/t cost to keep active is the price i would pay for that.

Also, i've noticed chargepads doesnt take in consideration items "tier" as the nanosuit charges at the same speed as quantum suit, so the quantum suit takes 10 times longer to charge. [100 times longer for gravisuit].

Chargepads should charge ARMOR items based on percentage (3% every second or something like and increasing exponentially based on overclockers/efficiency).

• I see, but i still have to step on the chargepad to start charging.

Yep. Working as intended.

With expansion module + permanently active field = charge while at workshop without the need of stepping on the pad once. Its EU/t cost to keep active is the price i would pay for that.

I can see your point... but a "force active" module would be a projector upgrade... so you wouldn't be able to have a field expander installed, either. Kinda makes it useless.

Also, i've noticed chargepads doesnt take in consideration items "tier"

It definitely does. Static and Crystalizor pads won't charge quantum suits as they're too high a tier, for example.

as the nanosuit charges at the same speed as quantum suit, so the quantum suit takes 10 times longer to charge. [100 times longer for gravisuit].

Yep... because it charges based on value (the same as the storage blocks do), not percentage. Working as intended.

Chargepads should charge ARMOR items based on percentage (3% every second or something like and increasing exponentially based on overclockers/efficiency).

That's seriously overpowered and not going to happen. Sorry.

• Official Post

I can see your point... but a "force active" module would be a projector upgrade... so you wouldn't be able to have a field expander installed, either. Kinda makes it useless.

So, make pads have two projector upgrade slots, this way we can either choose have a huge field (two field expander) or a decent field with "force active" module.
    Also, it could be a Field upgrade anyway, as it keeps the field on all the time.

Permanently active fields with either damage or drain field upgrades would be good as they can be used for traps (mob/player).

• So, make pads have two projector upgrade slots, this way we can either choose have a huge field (two field expander) or a decent field with "force active" module.

That's exactly why they don't have two slots. :) I see the projector module as a single circuit (which is the circuit included in the recipe to make the pad), so altering it in two separate ways would overload it; there's only so much the circuitry of a pad can take (or should take), for balance reasons.

Also, it could be a Field upgrade anyway, as it keeps the field on all the time.

Projector Modules affect "how" particles are projected from a pad, once activated; not "when." Do they split up? By how much? Are they spread over a larger area?

Field Modules affect the actual "particles" that are created by the physical projector. Making particles harmful (damage module), or inverting the particles so they negate existing power (drain module) or "delayed energizing" the particles so they don't "seek" electric items until they're a certain range from the pad (armour priority) are all field effects.

Physically activating a pad is caused by the pressure plate (in the recipe) which then allows power-flow to the projector. There is a valve effect which the field expansion modules "hold open," detecting constant flow with the detector cables in their recipes (which is why the pads shut off when everything that can be charged has been charged or people move beyond the range of the field).

As you can see: neither of the module slots are involved in the initial "activation" of the pad, itself, and it's not a functionality I want to add to them.

Permanently active fields with either damage or drain field upgrades would be good as they can be used for traps (mob/player).

I don't disagree, at all... I just don't see a feasible way of implementing it via projector/field upgrade modules, as they simply don't fit the bill, and general upgrade slots (that alter the "effectiveness" of a pad) definitely don't, either.

That said, I've taken note of the feature request and will think on it... but no promises: if I can't think of a balanced way to implement it, I'm afraid it won't happen. :P

• Build #66 is a minor update that should make people who use revision control for backups happier. ;)

This build tweaks how ChargePads deals with its configuration files: it no longer force-saves the configuration if it doesn't have to write anything out (which it will never have to do unless you remove an entry from the file and it has to reset that entry to default).

Enjoy!

• can you add a tier 2 "wide-band booster module" that can also charge stuffs in the inventory not just in the hotbar?

I'd considered it but decided against it, sorry. :)

I've always considered your hot-bar to be a kind of "item belt," so everything on it is external to your pack. Similarly, the armour you're wearing is also external.

Everything in your pack, however, is "internal," so the energised particles from the pad would waste their charge just getting to the items and have nothing left to charge with.

• how about adding a new effect for it to make the particles from the pads looks more thick and concentrated so it can reach the internal storage? i guess paying additional EU/t in that upgrade makes it balance for what it does. i think.

and BTW, a pad with a drain conversion module & wide-band booster module doesnt seem to drain the armor's energy. is it a bug? << nah ignore this

• how about adding a new effect for it to make the particles from the pads looks more thick and concentrated so it can reach the internal storage? i guess paying additional EU/t in that upgrade makes it balance for what it does. i think.

I appreciate the effort but I'm not going to touch internal inventory. :)

and BTW, a pad with a drain conversion module & wide-band booster module doesnt seem to drain the armor's energy. is it a bug? << nah ignore this

I'm guessing you had something still in your bar? ;) The hot-bar is prioritised before any armour is affected, so it won't start on the armour until the hot-bar item is drained completely (or items, if using proximity/wide-band upgrades). This is inverted, if you use an armour priority upgrade: the armour has to be completely charged/depleted before the hot-bar is affected.

• I appreciate the effort but I'm not going to touch internal inventory. :)

it's ok, i understand your idea about the particles of the pads. XD

I'm guessing you had something still in your bar? ;) The hot-bar is prioritised before any armour is affected, so it won't start on the armour until the hot-bar item is drained completely (or items, if using proximity/wide-band upgrades). This is inverted, if you use an armour priority upgrade: the armour has to be completely charged/depleted before the hot-bar is affected.

nah, i just derped and accidentally steped on 2 pads; one with drain conversion & wide band booster and the other one with armor priority & FE. no wonder the armor would not drain. it's just a 5 seconds of error

• nah, i just derped and accidentally steped on 2 pads; one with drain conversion & wide band booster and the other one with armor priority & FE. no wonder the armor would not drain. it's just a 5 seconds of error

Haha! :D (I'm mostly laughing because I've done similar and spent ages trawling through the code to find a bug that didn't actually exist. xD)

• Can you make it so we could just right click a upgrade kit on a already placed charge pad and it will upgrade were ever you placed it?

• Can you make it so we could just right click a upgrade kit on a already placed charge pad and it will upgrade were ever you placed it?

You already can: you just have to click it on the underside (since that's where the "access panel" is). It's in the FAQ and readme file. ;)

If you want to make it clickable on any side, you simply have to tweak a config option (see the .cfg file).

Edit: Eh. I may add a message if the kit's clicked on the non-access side, though. Far too many people don't know you can do that because no-one ever reads FAQs or ReadMe's. :P