[IC2 Exp][1.6.4][V1.118] Advanced Power Management V1.2.85-IC2_1.118

• does the storage monitor work on gregtech blocks?

I have not tested the Storage Monitor with anything Gregtech, but as long as his energy storage blocks implement the correct IC2 API calls for determining current and maximum energy levels, it should work fine. Try it out and please let me know so that others may benefit from your test. :)

-edit-
    It looks like the IC2 API has some new energynet methods that they are moving to over the existing API calls. At the moment, APM uses the old style API calls. The next update should transition APM over to the new event based energy net API calls. This will require some additional testing time though and at least for now, the version posted for IC2 1.112 seems to work just fine.

• I've been experiencing some issues with all three of the charging benches. They seem to work fine for a while when users are in the vicinity of the bench and its power source, but once they leave the area and come back later, the bench appears to have completely lost its charge and it will continue to pull more energy from the connected storage unit. Since this error doesn't actually crash the server ans appears to happen over a long period of time, its hard to pinpoint what errors in the console are related to this, especially because ic2 tends to spam the server console quite a bit whenever chunks with machines in them are unloaded. I am running the most recent version of APM with IC2 1.112 beta. I can post more information such as segments of the server log if needed, but I just wanted to throw it out there that the charging benches seem to be mysteriously loosing their charge, and also wanted to know if anyone else has been having this issue.

• Thanks for the bug report!

Are you using the -170-lf version of the beta 1.112 release of IC2, or something later? I ask because an important energynet bug was fixed in -184-lf. If you're willing, please try updating to the latest beta release (currently 188) and let me know if this fixes the problem or not. (http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_lf/)

This may be some sort of issue with the chunk being unloaded and our tileentitty though, so I will continue to investigate it on my side. I haven't yet been able to duplicate this problem though.

• I can confirm that the above issue has never occured for me using build 187 of IC2, and the area where my IC2 energy system is has been unloaded and reloaded a LOT.
    EDIT: Couldn't reproduce in -183. Will try -170.
    EDIT: Couldn't reproduce in -170. Trying older Forge versions to see if they accidentally fixed the issue with any alterations to the chunkload mechanics (was testing with 497)
    EDIT: Couldn't even reproduce in MC1.4.6 with IC2 170 and Forge 471. Possibly SMP only, can test tomorrow to save some time all round :)

• First of all, thanks to the two of you for looking into the issue, as its a pretty frustrating bug. Also, thanks for the link to the Jenkins repo, I didn't even know that was made public.

So, Some version information:
    I was running build 170 when I first saw the issue, and have since upgraded to 188. However, I am unfortunately still seeing my HV bench getting drained. It was going good for about 4 hours after updating and placing a bench, It even managed to keep charge when I checked it this morning (around 4 hours after placing it) with the server being empty when I joined, so that chunk was definitely unloaded, however, when I came home from work this evening I logged on to check the bench and it was completely discharged (0 EU stored). It was wired so it was only charging during the day (connected to solar panels in a desert biome, which were connected to an MFSU that only emits power when it's full) and it was night when I logged in, so the reset must have happened right when I logged in.

I am using Forge 6.6.0.493 with MC 1.4.7

Also, I would like to mention that one of my other users has reported that not only was his LV bench drained, but he actually lost all of his items that he left in there as well. I tested this later by leaving an RE Battery in my bench for a while, and sure enough eventually it was gone.

• Having it lose all of the energy stored and lose the items inside means the tileentity data is being reset somehow. Another user had reported something similar prior to the holiday but has yet to report back if they are still experiencing this issue. I've been completely unable to replicate this problem but I'll continue to look into it until we figure out what could be causing it. If you have a time frame when this issue happened, check over the server log for ANY errors during that time frame and please post them here (via http://paste.ubuntu.com/).

• Additional information about the situations in which the benches reset would be very useful.

Is it only the charging benches, or are the battery stations or storage monitors affected as well?
    Have the sources of EU for the benches been in the same chunk, different chunks, or either/both?
    Does it happen to a bench which is placed all by itself in a chunk with no other machinery or player-made tile entities / blocks?

Also, what other mods are being run? Perhaps there's one we don't use that could be causing problems when used together.

If anyone is able to come up with a list of mods, config files, and a world save which frequently causes benches to reset, it would be of great help to us if we could get a copy of that information / files to test ourselves.

• Okay, so I haven't tested out the battery station or storage monitors yet, but I can do that later today, and might also collect my configs and world directory to send out for debugging.

Also, my server has been having quite a few issues with crashing lately, and these bench resets seem to coincide with those. However, If i do a clean server reset (by successfully entering a stop), the benches don't seem to reset, it's only when it crashes.

I don't always get a crash report, as it doesn't always "crash gracefully". Sometimes the process just locks up, and I have to send a SIGINT to stop the process. However, sometimes it does crash with a report, so here is my latest crash report, which also contains a list of mods I'm running:
    http://paste.ubuntu.com/1520083/

Edit: I have also started to test this area out with a chunkloader (from ChickenChunks) that will keep all of the chunks that contains my entire energy network to power my bench loaded, and the issue still seems to happen. I even detached my bench from any power cabling at all, and just placed an RE battery in it, and it is still disappearing. However, the bench was still in a chunk that has a lot of other machines in it, including an MFSU that doesn't seem to get drained, and a bunch of chests that aren't losing their inventory.

• Thank you so much for the crash report! This actually helps.

What I can tell you from the crash report is that the server is crashing due to ComputerCraft Peripheral Cables, something about a RFID tile reader, located at -364,61,393 in your world. Now, a server crash CAN cause chunk data and TileEntity data to not be written out correctly. Have you noticed any OTHER machine blocks losing their state? I'm wondering if something we're doing with our code isn't quite right and is causing our machines to be susceptible to losing data during a server crash.

-edit-
    I've made a couple of changes to the internal structure of the mod based on how I'm seeing other open source mods and the vanilla code behaving that may resolve your issue. Since I can't duplicate this myself, could you please try this test version and let me know if the problem continues? The crashes may continue to happen due to the other mod, that isn't being fixed, but hopefully losing the data for the TileEntity will be resolved.

Let me know!
    --THIS IS A BETA TEST VERSION

• To be clear, we really have no idea if the changes Pantheis made will have any effect on the loss of charging bench tile entity data during these server crashes. This is a stab in the dark just to see if it has any effect. We're thinking of trying to come up with a way to force a server crash in a way that replicates this problem, but that may take some time. Anyone who isn't having problems with server crashes or benches losing data probably has no reason to download the version in the previous post. But if you are, and you're willing to try to get it to crash a few times or run it long enough for it to do so, and can't reproduce the problem any more... that would be very useful information.

• Hi, as per your request on the website I'm letting you know that I am including your great mod in a private modpack for my server to be distributed via FTB.

Thanks for all your work.

• Okay, so, good news.

I did an update to my custom modpack for my server on friday that included updates to a handfull of mods, the most relevant to this issue being:
    Forge: Updated to 6.6.0 build 497
    IC2: Updated to 1.112.192-lf
    APM: Updated to that testing version you recently posted in this thread.

And none of our benches have lost charge! Neither have they been eating items, so the issue seems to be fixed :D So thanks for that.

I don't know what exactly fixed the issue, but something in that update did.

However, I have noticed a lot of new issues since the update. For one, chunks are loading much slower than before (probably not the fault of APM), and I have been experiencing some pretty severe lockups (the server locks up to a point where it won't even respond to a SIGINT, and I have to send a SIGKILL to actually stop it). Again, I'm not sure if it is APM causing these issues because I am not getting any error logs at the time of these crashes.

So, I've been thinking of running a test version of my server with just APM downgraded to the released version and see if the problem comes back.

• That's great to hear about it no longer losing charge or eating items. I wonder if the change I did actually fixed it or if it's something else.

Let me know if you do end up downgrading to the 1.1.55 release of APM and if the issue comes back, at least then we'll know the changes I did fixed it. I hope you're able to figure out what may be causing all of the server issues. I'm using 47+ mods on my server, along with Forge 6.6.0 497 and IC2 1.112.192 and things seem to be just fine on mine.

• Thank you for making this mod it is great to finally be able to charge more then 1 item.

The problem I am having is it runs fine on my client during single player but when I attempt to install the mod on my server I get the following error

Hopefully you can help and thank you for your time.

• You are running MineCraft 1.4.6, not 1.4.7, and the version of APM you downloaded is compiled against Forge 6.6.0.497, which is for Minecraft 1.4.7. The exception being thrown states that you are missing a mod required, which would be the correct version of Forge. Either use the official (not beta) release of APM from the opening post (1.1.55) or upgrade your server to Minecraft 1.4.7 and Forge 6.6.0.497 or later.

• Your right my bad sorry about that. That is what I get for updated my game and server at 3 am in the morning. I thought I updated both to 1.4.7 but I missed it on the server it would seem. Not sure how I missed that on the crash report anyways.

Thank you it works now.

• Glad to hear it's working! :) Please don't hesitate to report any other issues you may experience.

One issue that I can report is that I think we broke uncrafting the bench upgrade toolkits at some point. If you make a bench upgrade kit, you're supposed to be able to right-click with it in empty space and receive back the components that went into it. It was working, now it's doing nothing. We're looking into it but our time for coding at the moment is limited.