[IC2 Exp][1.6.4][V1.118] Advanced Power Management V1.2.85-IC2_1.118

• Hm; sadly this doesn't appear to have fixed the particular setup I had in my house. I've tried re-placing all of the machines involved in this setup, and it makes me wonder altogether if there was a slight change in the core Transformer mechanics or anything.

Either way; I can confirm that all three tiers of your Charging Benches, in both your official release and that Beta version, will charge comfortably from a setup slightly less power-heavy than mine. As for why my setup randomly decided to stop working... Not too sure. But it very much appears that it's not an issue your end, and most likely me overlooking something :)

Thanks for the amazing mod and the friendly reply ^^

• Make sure your setup doesn't have anything that's "redstone hot" (actively powered by redstone) next to the charging bench, or it will detect that and stop accepting power. The screenshot you posted doesn't make it apparent that you have anything like that, but just wanted to mention it as a possibility. At the moment, there is no visual indication that the bench has stopped accepting power due to an active redstone signal. I think that's probably something I should put in, at least in the UI.

• OH.

I want to facedesk SO hard.

The Advanced Machines I have on the bottom row of my setup have Redstone Torches underneath them to keep them fully heated up.

I did not know offhand that a Redstone Signal stopped your Charging Stations from functioning. The issue WAS caused my end from when I upgraded the Extractor next to my station to the Centrifuge Extractor. I guess it's my bad for not reading your mod post correctly.

• Yea, this is the second time that's happened. I really think I need to make that more clear in the documentation AND make an indicator in the UI showing the state.

An active redstone signal will only disable the Charging Bench from accepting more power. It will continue to function normally in every other way. This can be useful for power management or if you just need to drain it to move it for some reason.

• Is there any chance you could add a toggle within the Charging Station's GUI itself that would flip it's Redstone behaviour? And yeah, a note in the GUI definitely wouldn't hurt ^^ Gotta say this is by far one of my favorite IC2 addons, even though I have yet to use anything outside the stations themselves :P

• By flip the redstone behavior, do you mean have it so that it must be powered by redstone in order to accept energy instead of redstone disabling it? If so, yes, that's one thing we could do. I was also considering just having a toggle to ignore redstone state completely and always accept energy. Do you think you would find both useful?

• Yep, that's what I meant ^^ Having both of those options does sound like a useful idea - It's definitely helped Thermal Expansion out by having all 3 options available for his Machines. Personally I would use the Redstone Ignored state of the Machines, as I don't particularly move my setup around once I'm happy, so no need to stop the Stations from drawing EU. But the high player-side customizability of the Redstone toggling would definitely be a nice touch :)

• Funny you mentioned Thermal Expansion... :) We've been looking adding those pull out style tabs where appropriate to add configuration options without cluttering up the GUI. This might be a perfect place to put a redstone behavior option. This will all probably have to wait until after the holidays as both Tallinu and myself are pretty busy, but I am looking forward to coding in some of these things! Exciting! :)

• Per the modpack policy found here, I am notifying you that I will be including your mod in the HammerCraft mod pack. Proper attribution and a link to this thread will be provided on our website.

• Gotta love Thermal Expansion - Lemming and the team were SO smart about the TE machines. The auto-output and perfect pipe/inventory integration by far makes it stands out as one of the most well-coded mods around.

• Gotta love Thermal Expansion - Lemming and the team were SO smart about the TE machines. The auto-output and perfect pipe/inventory integration by far makes it stands out as one of the most well-coded mods around.

To be honest, because of how well TE works with dealing with macerating/pulverizing and smelting, I actually swapped out my IC2 stuff for TE and kept my recycler setup for getting me scrap. I (like a lot of people) can not wait for Redpower to be released for the prioritized sorting and routing, I plan on emulating the build that Direwolf20 was using in his SMP Let's Play to automatically deal with ores and such.

My only wish is that Lemming could implement a way to hasten the process along (I'm already well aware that the process is quite fast, I just want the boost option for when I put together my quarry network, I'd rather have faster speeds & more energy used than having to spend the resources to make more machines which take up more room).

• Hmm... Much though I love APM for the charging benches and (now that I know about them) the storage monitors, I'm having a couple of strange problems. I'm not exactly sure what is at fault on both of these cases, as they seem to only happen while I'm logged off. First, the relevant (I think) version info:

Forge 6.4.1.430
    IndustrialCraft2 1.110.137-lf
    APM 1.1.42 for IC2_1.109
    GregTech 2.54b

So, here are the two strange issues that are taking place...

First, I have repeatedly logged in to find my HV Charging Bench and the energy storage device that feeds it drained. No items are left in it to charge, it's not being provided a redstone signal, no other devices on the energy network are drawing constant power. I'll leave with full power in the HV bench and come back to find my whole network dry. Since removing the HV Charging Bench from my network there have been no problems.

Second, I have two GregTech energy storage systems that I am trying to use with Storage Monitors. The first is an LESU with enough blocks added on to provide 28m EU storage. The other is an AESU. I've created the cards, linked them with the devices, placed them in the Storage Monitors and everything works absolutely perfectly... but when I log back in after some amount of time with nobody on the server, both the cards have vanished.

In either case, it -seems- that these two issues happen at some point after a daily reset that the server provider schedules, but when I do a -manual- reset, everything seems to be just fine. Also, in the case of the charging bench problem, another set-up which has ONLY a charging bench, MFSU and a reactor seems to hold its charge (though it exists in a separate (mystcraft) world AND I haven't heard of any of my other players having the same kind of problem.

As to the second case, I'm not sure if that might be a GregTech problem or an APM problem, but as I said - everything does work just fine. It's simply that the cards vanish without any explanation that I've found.

• So, here are the two strange issues that are taking place...

First, I have repeatedly logged in to find my HV Charging Bench and the energy storage device that feeds it drained. No items are left in it to charge, it's not being provided a redstone signal, no other devices on the energy network are drawing constant power. I'll leave with full power in the HV bench and come back to find my whole network dry. Since removing the HV Charging Bench from my network there have been no problems.

Second, I have two GregTech energy storage systems that I am trying to use with Storage Monitors. The first is an LESU with enough blocks added on to provide 28m EU storage. The other is an AESU. I've created the cards, linked them with the devices, placed them in the Storage Monitors and everything works absolutely perfectly... but when I log back in after some amount of time with nobody on the server, both the cards have vanished.

1) Is it only Charging Benches that seem to lose their charge, or other IC2 machines? I know there's slight issues in IC2 1.110 to do with EnergyNet machines when their dimension gets unloaded (whether they're World Anchored or not, strangely), but losing their charge is fairly major - If any IC2 or GregTech machines also happen to lose their charge, that should help pinpoint the issue.
    2) Again, have you noticed any issues with regular IC2 Storage Machines losing their cards, or is it solely for GregTech storage devices?

• It sounds like the tileentity data is being reset somehow, but that's only a wild guess. Try tossing a cheap electrical item into the charging bench and leave it in there through one of these resets that seem to cause the issue and when you notice the issue has happened again, check the bench to see if the electrical item is still in there or not. If it's disappeared, the TE is losing it's data and resetting. If it's still in there, that isn't the issue.

• I'll try leaving a cheap electrical in a charging bench AND I'll set up a storage monitor to watch a non-gregtech storage block. Probably be a couple days before I find the results of these two tests. Company coming in to town for the holidays tomorrow. I WILL get back to you when I can with what I find.

• Already have an update. My server got restarted just recently.

I set up a high voltage charging bench along the line between an MFSU and an LESU (so it's being fed by the MFSU.) I also set up a storage monitor and linked it it the MFSU. The MFSU is being fed by a standard IC2 reactor. The facility is all within the range of a RailCraft World Anchor.

Before the server restarted, the monitor linked to the MFSU was showing data, as was another linked to the LESU. The charging bench had more than 6m EU stored in it. I logged in about 15 minutes after the restart and am the only player who has been on. Both the storage monitor cards have disappeared and the HV Charging Bench was below 1m EU, charging again from the reactor that was running at the time of the restart.

So, color me confused... But, there's what I've been able to gather through this little test. Unfortunately, I had NOT left any ITEMS in the HV charging bench - only energy. It was my intention to do so, but the restart caught me off guard (still getting used to this host's schedules).

• That is so strange! I haven't been able to duplicate this at all.

If you can, try the beta version at the bottom of the previous page (AdvancedPowerManagement-1.1.54-IC2_1.110.jar) and see if that has any different results. It really sounds like the tileentities are resetting, but I don't have a clue why. If you have access to the server log, can you look and see if there are any errors showing up?

• When my company leaves after Christmas, I'll certainly give that a try. It's entirely possible there's some kind of strange interaction with one of the other mods I have (I only listed the ones that seemed to be directly related to the issue at hand). Also, since 1.4.6 is out, I'll likely be doing an update to that as well, and (hopefully) installing Redpower to boot. So after all those different things, this might just all go away on its own anyhow. Eheh.

• Just for completeness sake, I did leave two re-bats in the charging bench. Sure enough, they're both gone, along with the charge that was in the bench. I'll be sure to let you know if the problem persists after I do all the updating next week.

Merry Christmas!