EU/t to watts (should this be in the electrical engineering section?)

• Well, I calculated this by assuming 1kw of light energy is what falls onto a square meter in MC from the sun and assuming an overall efficiency of 19.99%.

1EU/t = 121.8140625 watts Whoops Watts is J/s, not J/(s/20) 6.090703125 is the correct value.

I'll do it again using a different, likely better suited value as the power of sunlight (750 watts per meter squared).

A more likely value: 91.360546875 watts in an EU/s or 4.56802734375 Joules per tick = 1EU/t
    looks a lot like a calorie (the proper one, the one defined as the amount of energy required to heat one gram of water by one kelvin)

A Rock Raider trained as an Engineer, among other things.

Edited 4 times, last by RockRaiderZulu ().

• Okay...

I don't see the significance. sure, it might be an interesting trivial fact to know (to some people anyways, I'm assuming) but I don't see how it's relevant to...anything, really.

• EU/t is the wattage rate. IC2 doesn't have an Ohm's law equivlent towards how units of power and energy can be converted and more mathimatically measured...

If you want that, check out Blutriticy with Redpower. Once the converison between that and IC is put into place, you'll see more accurate "mod math" that you can apply these things to scale...

For now, assume 1 EU = 1 Watt. Rates are determined by how much electromagnetic force a generator can produce over a single (1 Amp) current...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• The watt is a unit of power. Thus it is quantifying the same thing as EU/t, the amount of work done (or energy released) in a certain amount of time. Watt you are looking for is the Joule.

Having a conversion factor has implications beyond mod cross overs. It allows people to accurately bring real generators into the mix.

A Rock Raider trained as an Engineer, among other things.

Having a conversion factor has implications beyond mod cross overs. It allows people to accurately bring real generators into the mix.

You must not watch any of my series...

Trying to use Minecraft to scale against real, physical generators is both difficult and jarringly unreasonable. Instead, use Minecraft as a 'though space' to brain storm designs and such for possible applications. Then, once the idea is set down, you can use outside programs to make the idea more feesable and solid in the working world... (like Google Sketch Up, ArcGIS, AutoCAD, and such..)

Remember that even though Minecraft is a great sandbox, it's still just a game. However, that doesn't mean you can't gain great inspiration from it...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.