Help with nuclear setup?

• So, I have a nuclear reactor, connected to a MFSU, to my machines, everything goes perfect, now, I want the reactor to turn off when the MFSU gets filled, but I don't want the reactor to turn on until the MFSU is empty (or almost empty), I know a reactor turns off if it receives a redstone power, since the MFSU can send redstone power, I want to know if I need to do a complicated redstone logic gate, or something. Sorry if this has been posted before, I'm new here :D

• Yeah, I think the easiest way of doing this would be to set up some manner of flip-flop system, with a buildcraft gate turning the output off when the MFSU is full, and another one activating it when it's empty. It's possible to do with vanilla redstone, I think, but not easy.

My advice would be to use redpower and buildcraft gates (if you're on 1.3.2, then you might be a while waiting for redpower)

• Well, there's a couple of ways to do this:

Simple solution: NOT gate which powers the reactor, but when it receives a signal from the MFSU from being full, it turns off. Previously, you didn't need a NOT gate, due to the reversal of redpower on nuclear reactor activity from the 1.106 patch.

Simple problem: When it isn't at full, it'll continue going.

Fix for simple problem: From Redpower2 mod, there's a logic gate called a State Cell. Basically, the signal from the MFSU triggers the state cell, which outputs a signal on a timed response. So, for example, when triggered, it waits at least, say, five minutes or so before turning back on again.

Even simpler solution: The addon mod Nuclear Control has something which can do this.

• I forgot to say, I'm in 1.2.5, I have buildcraft, redpower, equivalent exchange, industrialcraft 2 and I just installed the nuclear control addon, now how I can set it up?
    Also the state cell won't work since the time is always changing (sometimes needs to use more EU sometimes less)

• Yeah but then as soon as the MFSU gives energy to my machines the generator will turn on again.
    Also if I choose: send redstone when empty, then I whould have to use a lever (manually) when it gets full
    There should be a way to choose in batbox/MFSU etc. a redstone signal: send when full until gets empty (so it gets filled up and then the reactor turns off, until the MFSU is empty)

• take 2 MFSU
    1. will turn the Reaktor on when it is emtpy.
    2. will turn it off if it is full

there is always an easy solution

Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

[b][i][u][url=' [url='http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7745']HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)

• 1. (directly hookup to your machines) emit if empty
    2. (last one in your battery) emit if full

you will need to build a memorycell
    (only some redstone and 2 torches)
    i made 2 pics with the MFSU full:

and Empty:

Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

[b][i][u][url=' [url='http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7745']HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)

• my solution to this is to put an electrolyzer on the mfsu, and then detect the presense of a water cell - turn on at 25%, turn off when full or 75%.

if you have a stack of cells, you can add a 5 min delay on the turn on/off.

(buildcraft logic gates needed to detect specific inventory items)

an rs nor latch remembers which side was last high (design can be found at http://www.minecraftwiki.net/w…le:StandardLogicGates.png), and is only 2 torches, 2 blocks and a small amount of redstone.