Getting started?

• I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to show me how to get started making an IC2 addon? I've modded Minecraft before but have no idea how to go about adding new IC2 machines and items. Any help would be appriciated!

• I can help you in creating IC2 stuff, but first I'd want to know how to make cable render (I need it for my own add-on).

• First, make a furnace-like block and all other classes (TileEntity, Recipes, etc.) Make your TileEntity class implement IEnergySink and IEnergyStorage (if you want it to store EU like other machines). Also, use this guide, it will help you.

• First, make a furnace-like block and all other classes (TileEntity, Recipes, etc.) Make your TileEntity class implement IEnergySink and IEnergyStorage (if you want it to store EU like other machines). Also, use this guide, it will help you.

How do I decompile IC2?

• GregoriusT has a nice step by step thing on this subject in his profile

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• few minor errors is a bit of an understatement, all of the base mc class name, methods, and vars are randomized (aka Item.java may be called WorldGenHell.java)
    o... that and it won't recompile most of the time

• few minor errors is a bit of an understatement, all of the base mc class name, methods, and vars are randomized (aka Item.java may be called WorldGenHell.java)
    o... that and it won't recompile most of the time

So what should I do? I'm going to try to add a new generator and a few new items.

• Code
    == MCP 7.2 (data: 7.2, client: 1.3.2, server: 1.3.2) ==# found ff, ff patches, srgs, name csvs, doc csvs, param csvs, renumber csv, astyle, astyle config!! Updates available. Please run updatemcp to get them. !!> Creating Retroguard config files!! Modified jar detected. Unpredictable results !!== Decompiling client using fernflower ==> Creating SRGs> Applying Retroguard> Applying MCInjector> Unpacking jar> Copying classes> Decompiling> Copying sources> Applying fernflower fixes> Applying patches'runtime\bin\applydiff.exe -p1 -u -i ..\..\temp\temp.patch -d src\minecraft' failed : 1
    == ERRORS FOUND ==
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file 'net\minecraft\src\DedicatedServ#'2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file 'net\minecraft\src\IntegratedSer#'2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file 'net\minecraft\src\ItemMap.java#'1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file 'net\minecraft\src\RenderGlobal.#'==================
    > Cleaning comments- Done in 542.54 seconds== Reformating client ==> Cleaning sources> Replacing OpenGL constants> Reformating sources- Done in 62.89 seconds== Updating client ==> Adding javadoc> Renaming sources- Done in 57.56 seconds!! server already decompiled. Run cleanup before decompiling again !!== Recompiling client ==> Cleaning bin> Recompiling'"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_06\bin\javac" -Xlint:-options -deprecation -g -source 1.6 -target 1....' failed : 1
    == ERRORS FOUND ==
    src\minecraft\ic2\common\IC2.java:1790: error: '(' or '[' expected            EntityItem var10000 = new EntityItem;                                                ^
    src\minecraft\ic2\common\IC2.java:1793: error: <identifier> expected            var10000.<init>(var9, var1, var10004, var5, ItemScrapbox.getDrop(var9));                           ^
    2 errors==================
    Initial client recompile failed, correct source then run updatemd5Press any key to continue . . .

I get these errors after getting the decompile to work. Help!

• Anyone?

You kind of just triple posted. You could try pm-ing somebody that would know how. I'm not the best person to answer this stuff as I have never decompiled IC2 in MCP, and when it comes to Java coding, I am pretty new to it. That being said, can you list the steps you took to do this in MCP?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Interesting, I followed Greg's instructions and got the exact same error, I don't think I can help you here

• If only the patch was updated. It must be a universal problem.

If Greg got it to work with 1.107, we may be doing something wrong here

• Official Post

The Problem could be Forge. I decompiled IC² with Forge 303, but then i put it into a 251-Setup without many Errors. That means that the Forgeinstall is having another deobfuscation, than normal MCP (some of the renamings are not working properly!), what caused MANY Errors even in my own pre-existing Code! So decompile with Forge 303 and then use the decompiled Version of that, in a Forge-251-Setup to let it work without that many compilingproblems.

• I looked through the code and I'm planning on making a new generator. Do I need a mod_Whatever file? Where would I reference the textures? (Haven't used forge before)