EU Generator maintenance?

• Something so that the long term slow generators aren't so prone to becoming time/bed = power with a single bulk investment?
    Namely, some ideas being:
    Water Mills: You'd have the surface of it be "overgrown with barnacles". This'll just gradually block it off and make it slower, should take a spectacularly long time to form, and take a quick second to clean out?

Wind Mills: I'm not sure, greasing? Perhaps just attracting lightning somehow would be a nice way to make "maintenance" as it is, though I don't know what else would be fitting.

Can't think of much at the moment for geogenerators, same with coal generators, which may not even need maintenance as it is. Nuclear reactors already have maintenance in spades.
    Any other ideas? Do these seem reasonable?

• Oh, woops. My bad.

EDIT: Though, admittedly, that topic speaks on machines and their breaking down, while here I'm suggestion basic maintenance and decrease in efficiency without it.
    Speaking of which,
    Solar panels: Accumulate dust, which hinders operation. First level of dustiness is invisible, and reduces efficiency by a tiny bit, as to make a player more inclined to wash off their Solar panel arrays every so often. Could perhaps get occasionally scratched and more rarely broken when tread upon by mobs/players without rubber boots.

Thoughts and ideas?

• If it were implemented, it would need to be configurable, I'm a utopia person so I hate anything that makes my life harder :D
    nice suggestion though, like it alot better than
    "i have a good idea
    make machines break
    ok that's it"

• Wind Mills need no change, there is already a chance of them breaking in lightning. If the output goes over 5 eu/t, it breaks, which lightning storms frequently cause. I like the idea of slow dust build up on the solars. Geothermal should not break or wear down. Regular Generator should require a new driveshaft every so often, like every 80000 eu, which is 2 batboxes. The driveshaft would be made using 2 iron in a stick pattern and would be stackable inside the machine, so that you don't have to go to remote locations to replace them. Watermills shouldn't have any extra cost or cleaning, however 1 neat feature would be that if any lava was near it at the same time as water, it would generate internal pressure (think steam pressure) and have a %50 every minute of going boom.

• I'm deriving the water mill clogging with easily cleanable barnacles idea from something I watched the other day. Was a show that explained what would happen if all humans suddenly vanished, and one of the last places to still have electricity after everything else would be around hydroelectric dams, namely hoover dam of interest. It wouldn't stop because of breaking down from no maintenance, rather, it would actually stop because it got stopped up with barnacles, causing it to gradually shut down if it weren't cleaned out.
    Plus, there's gotta be something to prevent water mills from becoming no effort power sources after it is set up.

Another idea for water mill barnacles: Water Mill Cleaning/All Purpose Cleaning laser. Zap in a sweeping motion to clean out solar panels and water mills free of debris rather than having to do so by hand at very little EU cost! Hayo!

But these are just ideas yeah, I like the idea about watermills getting pressure, perhaps increase it's efficiency with that proximity to lava as well? Would make some nice risky builds with that.

• I do and don't like the idea, i like it because it adds some extra effects to stop unlimited EU gen,but the problem is, if you were to implement this for one generator, you would have to do it for all of them, and this could possibly need a rework of generators,which is fine, but if this were to be implemented, it would take some time, but like said above

If it were implemented, it would need to be configurable

I would have to agree that a config option would be a good idea.