Suggestion: Modification for the Reactor Controller

• Have the reactor controller have a GUI to allow you to do one (or more) of the following

• Check box - Switch from omni-directional redstone current signal to FACE Specific redstone current signal.

• This would allow you to use the Controller as a trigger for an external, user created circuit
    • Optionally - A Plus pattern (with a long side *extra box*) of check boxes. You then choose which faces emit a redstone signal. (6 check boxes total for the 6 sides)

• Same as above, except you can also place this controller between 2 or more reactors (one face touching each reactor) for multiple reactor control (and yes, if ANY reactor hit the temp setting it'd trigger the controller. "all for one, one for all" kind of thing.)

Basically you are converting the Reactor Controller from a simple on/off switch to a "controller" by converting it into a sensor, which then can be used in more advanced setups to give more precise control.

You could then connect 2 (or more) controllers up to a reactor, 1 could be set for MAX temp the other for MIN, then with a user designed circuit you could control the reactor so that it would stay between the temps set.

• uhm well, I was gonna suggest a simpler version of this: a temperature sensor. Right click could open a GUI to select a heat amount (0 to 9k in 1k steps, meaning 10 buttons f.e.) and then place it next to a reactor / chamber.

Two of them could then f.e. be used to shut it down at 9k until it's below 5k (with help from RP, building latches with vanilla is ... tiring)

But I fear this isn't gonna happen as you could simply use one and link it directly to the reactor so it would always just shut down when it's getting too hot and therefore taking away the point of making a good design for it. No real idea how to counter that.

On my install Mining Drill doesn't give off any sounds at all o.o
    Help! Somebody fix that please!
    Wait a sec... damnit.

no idea if he was serious but either way that was damn funny xD

• Personally i just use a duty cycle timer

left timer is cooldown time (wire on)
    right timer is Run time (wire off)

bottom wire is output, right wire is to cutoff lever for maint
    (bottom and right wire have a OR gate before reactor to make reactor turn off too)

the ratio between the 2 times is your duty ratio (2:1 on:off in my case)
    do some math to workout your ON heatgain, then divide that by the cooldown heat loss and get your duty ratio to get desired total heat gain (0.15/sec for my setup) it reduces longterm power output and increases total uranium runtime ofc. you can use a much more complicated setup to get a reactor from 0heat to at just over 6000 and then keep it there for a full cycle if you wire 2-3 duty timers in a chain with differing lengths takes a bit of math and some spreadsheeting but its not that bad. then again im a eve player so im desensitised to that kinda thing...

SO, personally I see no need for a heat redstone output. A heat number on the panel (like MFE) where you put the components in would be nice instead of guesstimating from fire/smoke/damage on HDs and thats all it needs.

• The point of my suggestion is that Alblaka said he was putting in a Reactor controller.

Not yet, this feature will come with the controller block.

My suggestion is to allow the controller to be used in two ways.

1) An Auto On/Off switch to the reactor it's connected too.

2) A heat sensor redstone trigger to connect the reactor to an external "controlled" circuit.