[Request], Mantis howto

• Hello folks,

I have been thinking about the new Mantis bug reporting system, it took me over 2 hours to figure it all out. but i would like some more information in the form of an howto manual, i am sure it will cause a lot of confusion for an lot of IC2 users.

just an little bit more information would be nice, such as:

- how to track all known bugs.
    - how to properly assist in fixing bugs.

just an small FAQ or manual, would prevent an lot of confusion i think.

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Well. I'll not write you a manual but tracking bugs is fairly simple.
    You click on 'View Issues' on the top menu bar.

Clear the filter (search box) to see all issues, use the column headers to sort by that column.

Enter keywords into the search box to find issues relating to the bug you want to see if it has been reported already.

TFC uses mantis, as long as people take the time to search and use good titles, it's pretty nice.

As for how to help, that you'll need the IC2 team to answer.

• let me just explain why i put this here,

Keep in mind that there are some folks that are not as bright as us, it would be beneficial for those people to have an short howto. that's why i put this here.

since there is no interest in this, requesting an lock please :)

i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• such users provide exelent bug reports about ENET GHOSTS, devs definely need there helhp.

hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaaaa (continues 2 hours) i knew you would bring that one up.

just to make myself feel good again, il explain it to you.
    1. used search function for draining eu storage, (not ghost e net as popular name)
    2. browsed around an bit. didn't find anything.

3. posted bug and how to recreate it.
    4. found out its already known.
    5. read alblaka's new bug report system and forwarded it as instructed in that post.
    6. profit :D

now i feel good again :D HAYO!