[Suggestion] We have dynamite and we have fish....

• Hi,
    I'm completely new to posting on the forums, but have been reading them for a while. Don't panic, I did use the search function so I think this is a new idea, but will be amazed if no-one has thought about it before.

As the name suggests it would be fun if throwing dynamite into water had a chance of producing fish. The chance couldn't be to high (maybe <5%) to avoid it being overpowered. Seriously, the only reason I suggest this is because it appeals to my sense of humor and I have no coding skills.

In other news, has anyone thought of a lightningrod? That would be cool ;).

• umm does this work in rl? gonna go test.... where do you buy dynamite in rl? :D

meaning seriously while this would be funny it wouldn't really be worth coding since it doesn't make sense :rolleyes:

edit: btw welcome to the forums

edit2: btw if you really want it check out the "my ic2" part of my forums (link in my sig)

• Sounds fun, since we don't have to care about ecological laws and etc. I could turn my gunpowder into food =D

I'd rather use fishing poles with Dynamite/carrot mix for more fish =D

• I'm pretty certain MCMMO (a bukkit plug-in) has blast fishing (lighting tnt near water has a chance to produce fish), but I don't know Forge's capabilities and therefore I can't say whether or not it can be done

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I'm pretty certain MCMMO (a bukkit plug-in) has blast fishing (lighting tnt near water has a chance to produce fish), but I don't know Forge's capabilities and therefore I can't say whether or not it can be done

I don't imagine it would be very hard... maybe just adding a line giving a random chance for a fish to drop after destroying water source blocks...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• yeah, but tnt can't blow up water source blocks, so it would have to b more like whenever the explosion iterates over a water source block it have an x% chance of dropinga fish

Well... actually...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• That allows TNT to blow up water source blocks, but what effect does dynamite have? I'm guessing that its blasting power is quite low.

dynamites that falls into water will not even blow (it is like throwing water into their fuse)