Autobalancing discriminating recycler

• Just an idea of how recyclers can be made more interesting. It is probably too revolutionary for IC2, but may be for some mod...

Different things should have different chances of giving scrap when recycled, based on how much this (or similar) item was recycled in this world already.

There are many ways it can be done. Here is one:
    Chance of gaining scrap is equal to max(1, (total numbers of items recycled) / (number of items with same first word in name recycled) / 64)

For example, cobblestone, cobblestone slabs, cobblestone stairs, cobblestone triple panels etc are all in same group, because they share same first word in name, and if you will only use them you will get very low output. But if you will recycle cobblestone, smooth stone, sand, glass, oak wood, chests, furnaces, etc you will get much more scrap. So, it encourages making interesting constructions, instead of spamming same old cobbleslabgen each time.

• this will be extremely unintuitive and noob hostile and definely will cause hurge wave of hate.

and interesting structures eh? there is extremely limited number of mass renewable resources in game.

• Yeah, i would have to agree with the comments above, i think this would make it a lot more complicated for not only existing players, but new players as well. I think this would be an un-needed change to a system that doesn't really NEED changing.

Sorry, but i don't think this would work out well,
    LilGimli

• this will be extremely unintuitive and noob hostile and definely will cause hurge wave of hate.

I think "you can get more from recycling varied stuff, than from recycling cobble only" is quite intuitive. But yes, everything less than trivial is too hard for most IC/MC players. And anything that can make thinking player be more effective than newb is seen as a cheat.

and interesting structures eh? there is extremely limited number of mass renewable resources in game.

You can make at least 25 differently named things from stone and wood alone, and they are (mass) renewable. Even just from cobblestone you can make stone, button, sand, sandstone, glass, giving 6 total.

You can make at least 25 differently named things from stone and wood alone, and they are (mass) renewable. Even just from cobblestone you can make stone, button, sand, sandstone, glass, giving 6 total.

you just want to overcomplicate system for no reason.
    currently i can dump slabs, but you want me to dump buttons and slabs 50\50 to keep fair rate?

trolling or just stupid?

What about something similar for reactors? if someone created too many vents - drop effectiveness of vent globally!!!

• I actually like this idea, and I have never understood the arguments against it. Yes, similar ideas have been brought up in the past but that alone isn't a reason to throw the idea away.

The most common theme to this set of ideas is "Why not rebalance [insert gameplay mechanic here]?" and to that I say, "Yes, let's". Be it by binding scrap return chance to item "value" or to recycling history, I think the Recycler is in need of a tune-up. Remember what happened to Nuclear? The concept was being abused; everybody was spamming the same damn waterbucket-CASUC reactor design, so the devs came in and made a much-needed overhaul. With recyclers, everybody is spamming the same damn cobblestone->recycler->massfab design, so why not apply that same thinking to this situation?

I am operating under the assumption that an increase in the variety of game mechanics leads to a numerical increase in feasible playstyles, which leads to an improvement in overall gameplay experience. Doesn't it get boring to build the same constructs in every single game? It does for me. Why not make more playstyles feasible by improving the game mechanics?

• Remember what happened to Nuclear? The concept was being abused; everybody was spamming the same damn waterbucket-CASUC reactor design, so the devs came in and made a much-needed overhaul. With recyclers, everybody is spamming the same damn cobblestone->recycler->massfab design, so why not apply that same thinking to this situation

Not really tre if you consider the fact they implemented LZH/RSH as a way of replacing Waterbucket for CASUC. And Al said that it has been implemented because he prefer a "more technological way of cooling".

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• So because its "Dynamically Balanced" its an entirely different suggestion? Hahaha no.

No, pookums. I never said it was a different suggestion. What I said was: "Yes, similar ideas have been brought up in the past but that alone isn't a reason to throw the idea away." Now, to clarify, in words with two or fewer syllables:

"This has been thought of before. Maybe we could improve the idea if we thought about it some more."

See how that works?

Not really tre if you consider the fact they implemented LZH/RSH as a way of replacing Waterbucket for CASUC. And Al said that it has been implemented because he prefer a "more technological way of cooling".

We're both saying the same thing here. Yes, CASUC still exists. It exists in a new form, i.e. an overhaul. It's much better than before, no? And there are more gameplay options available to people not interested in spamming the same thing over and over again, yes? Why not apply the same thinking to the cobblegen->recycler->masfab production tree?

• "No, pookums. I never said it was a different suggestion."
    No, pookums. I never said
    No, pookums.
    pookums

You don't call The Asshole "Pookums". That's what you call your annoying little child, or your wife/husband. Not some random internet kid that has a tendency to burn you to death.

(Ontopic) About this idea, I really don't give a shit either way. While requiring variation might be cool, it could also be annoying. With the buttons example, it's still ridiculously easy to do that, and it would create problems for people with automation mods, seeing as how there is only one input slot...

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• You don't call The Asshole "Pookums". That's what you call your annoying little child, or your wife/husband. Not some random internet kid that has a tendency to burn you to death.

You know, I think calling dumb assholes "Pookums" is a good idea:) Not as good as just ignoring them, though...

(Ontopic) About this idea, I really don't give a shit either way. While requiring variation might be cool, it could also be annoying. With the buttons example, it's still ridiculously easy to do that, and it would create problems for people with automation mods, seeing as how there is only one input slot...

May be it's better to set minimum chance to 1/8 (as before). This way those who don't want to bother will just not notice anything, but those who are willing to go lengths for better results will be able to get their bonuses.

• I don't get what all the hate is about, This is actually a great Idea, although the scrap rate I think should be changed based off of some similar system to equivalent exchange or something like that, now there's actually a point in recycling iron.

• We're both saying the same thing here. Yes, CASUC still exists. It exists in a new form, i.e. an overhaul. It's much better than before, no? And there are more gameplay options available to people not interested in spamming the same thing over and over again, yes? Why not apply the same thinking to the cobblegen->recycler->masfab production tree?

So you mean you would like to see scraps obtainable with different way but as infinite and easy ? I don't see the point. What I means about CASUC is the fact that it won't affect your gameplay but the new way is just more "technological" ^^. So in my mind it's at first a question of style ^^.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• What I means about CASUC is the fact that it won't affect your gameplay but the new way is just more "technological"

That's what I'm trying to say, you said it better than I did. Why not apply that same thinking to the Recycler? To use your words - Change it in such a way that it won't affect your gameplay, but the end result will be more "technological".

• That's what I'm trying to say, you said it better than I did. Why not apply that same thinking to the Recycler? To use your words - Change it in such a way that it won't affect your gameplay, but the end result will be more "technological".

This wasn't the first idea of this thread ... but I agree with you.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• pookums

Thats a weird way to sneeze sir.

Not some random internet kid

I may be random, i may be on the internet, i may be some, BUT IM AM NOT A "NOT"... i mean im not a kid.

I think calling dumb assholes "Pookums" is a good idea

Whats with the sneezing around here? Do you people have allergies or something?

Also you may call a moron a genius, but that doesn't mean he will suddenly/automatically become one...

Also im just leaving THIS here. Im just going to be leaving the conclusions to you people

Keyword: Autobalancing Discriminating EMC Recycler : D