[Addon v1.112+] Liquid UU-Matter v0.7.12b (now officially retired)

• The next VERY important thing to do is maybe some upgraded version of the freq-trans that lets you to connect the accelerator to any machine in a loaded chunk. I think it should be a priority after the liquid electrolyzer.

• Why? You could add 0.1 buckets of UU per block! Is that still too OP? If you still think that's too OP, you could make the upgraded freq-trans need 2 LC's worth of power for both linking to the accelerator and linking the accelerator to the machine, and make it use 10 additional buckets of UU per a half-block of distance, and triple it for each block in the way! Point is, you can always somehow remove the OP-ness!

• I apologize -- I'd thought it was a fairly common turn of phrase to speak of "baking [a feature] into [a piece of software]", but it turns out to be a relative rarity. Nevertheless, it is what I wanted to say: I can head off any problems with the remote accelerator connection by not writing it in the first place.

As with any open-source project, of course, you're perfectly free to fork it and implement the feature yourself -- I'll even perfectly happily link your builds from the OP of this thread.

Edit to add: I'd like to warn everyone interested in this addon that development may be a little bit slow in future -- I recently got a new job and they're keeping me well busy. I'll try to keep on top of things during weekends, but if there's something you really, really want done and you have programming experience, you'll probably get it faster by forking the project and implementing it yourself. If you do, please do remember to make me a pull request so I can pull it into the official repository; building LiquidUU is a relatively simple and quick task, so I can do it just about at any time.

• Using the latest LiquidUU (0.7.11b) with The currently available Forestry version (1.7.0.3) isn't working properly. LiquidUU is not properly registering the squeezer (and bottler) recipies. I found this in our server log:

2013-01-18 00:08:29 [INFO] [STDOUT] LiquidUU: Loading Forestry integration...
    2013-01-18 00:08:29 [INFO] [STDOUT] LiquidUU: Did not load Forestry integration: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

• Also, using the thermal expansion liquid transposer to convert UU to liquid form generates empty cells! This is probably not expected.

I'm using Thermal Expansion 2.1.7

• Using the latest LiquidUU (0.7.11b) with The currently available Forestry version (1.7.0.3) isn't working properly. LiquidUU is not properly registering the squeezer (and bottler) recipies. I found this in our server log:

2013-01-18 00:08:29 [INFO] [STDOUT] LiquidUU: Loading Forestry integration...
    2013-01-18 00:08:29 [INFO] [STDOUT] LiquidUU: Did not load Forestry integration: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Also, using the thermal expansion liquid transposer to convert UU to liquid form generates empty cells! This is probably not expected. I'm using Thermal Expansion 2.1.7

That indeed is not expected, it sounds like I need to update the APIs I'm linking against. Check back here later today or tomorrow for v0.7.12, and thank you for the report!

Hmm im not having the forestry issues, I dont use TE so cant comment on that.

Might just be that you're using a Forestry from before an API change -- I'm currently linking against 1.6.4.1, so I need to update anyway.

• Hmm... Vandalite, could I trouble you to pastebin your server log, at least the part where it lists all installed mods and versions? I'll want to try to reproduce your issue and it'll help to see them all listed in one place (I'm particularly interested in the Forge version, but you never know if someone else is being troublesome).

• Thank you kindly, I'll see if I can reproduce the issues and give you more information about them, but will still have a new version up regardless. If I don't manage to reproduce them myself, I'll need you to test it for me.

As a pure and utter guess from your list of mods, it's possible (if somewhat unlikely) that either ExtraBees, IC2Crops, or ThaumicBees are shipping with an outdated version of the Forestry API -- this could cause the issue you've been seeing with LiquidUU recipes not initializing correctly.

I'm also concerned about the Thermal Expansion integration -- LiquidUU is not complaining about loading its integration, yet it apparently didn't have the desired effect. I don't imagine TE is broken, so I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks again for the reports, I'll track down everything I can and let you know any facts I discover -- the above is pure speculation.

• For now I'm dumping the extra empty cells down a void pipe, but yeah it does strike me as something that you'd want to clear up for obvious reasons.

• For now I'm dumping the extra empty cells down a void pipe, but yeah it does strike me as something that you'd want to clear up for obvious reasons.

Indeed! The TE API itself is a little sparse as far as removing or replacing recipes, but I've found a suitable workaround, thankfully.

Extra bees runs the latest API, IC2Crops doesnt use the API, no idea about thaumicbees

ThaumicBees doesn't have anything bad in it, either. I appreciate the assist, by the way, I really couldn't have tested them before today.

So, bad news: I couldn't reproduce the Forestry squeezer/bottler errors at all. Every time I loaded up Minecraft, it just worked -- no complaints. It's at least marginally possible that 0.7.12 will fix it, but if it keeps happening, Vandalite, I'd appreciate if you could turn on debug.override in LiquidUU.cfg and get me the stack trace that will be printed when the Forestry integration fails to load. Debug mode is a little chatty, so you might want to turn it off afterwards, but if you get me that stack trace I can maybe do better than guessing. Maybe.

I also have some bad news for anyone who plays on servers that include LiquidUU: v0.7.12 really won't work with v0.7.11. I made changes to how machine faces are drawn, and trying to make the two work together could lead to a crash (or at least some visual glitching) and I don't think you want that any more than I do.

On the bright side, the TE Liquid Transposer is actually working correctly again. As I said above, I found a reasonable workaround to keep things loading in mostly the same order, but still allow me to register the correct recipes before TE adds its automatic ones.

And if you'll allow me a kind of side-note, I want to explicitly mention that when I mention versions of Forge, IC2, etc., I'm only specifying what I built the package with (which is also usually what I tested with). I don't actually have the time to test older versions myself, which is why I don't specify minimum versions of anything from the mod itself, either -- it's entirely up to you guys to try it and let me know if a certain older version refuses to work. With that said, I can at least mention that I tried v0.7.12 with Minecraft 1.4.6 and Forge 489 with no crashes before the main menu. So please don't be scared if you see "Forge 499, IC2 1.112.192-lf" next to the download link when you're nowhere near those versions -- it might still work.

So, to finally come to a conclusion: v0.7.12 is out. It doesn't really like v0.7.11 and will refuse to work with it, but it does fix the Thermal Expansion bug and might even fix other bugs for all I know. Pick it up from the OP, as always, and thank you for playing with LiquidUU (and for the bug reports; bug reports are great)!

P.S.: Before I forget again, everyone give a big "thank you" to Zerrens for giving us some Liquid Electrolyzer front textures -- they fit the IC2 theme wonderfully and look quite excellent, in my opinion.